Breakdown

"Mom what are you doing here?"

"Alexa called us." She said motioning to Alexa's dad and Caleb and Vanessa.

"Why we were fine over here."

"Clearly, since fine is my granddaughter in the hospital thanks for letting me know i had one by the way." She said.

"I'm sorry mom i was going to-"

Caleb walked over to me with his son holding his hand.

"Jessica!" The little boy said, i smiled.

"Hey Calvin." He hugged me and so did Caleb.

"Where is she?" Mark asked.

"They're in the-" Alexa walked out of the room and he walked to her hugging her.

"Baby are you okay." She nodded looking at me.

"We didn't know she was allergic to anything." She whispered.

"It's okay." Vanessa said. "It was plenty of times when me and Caleb had left Calvin at the grocery store."

"That's not the same thing." I said.

"It's exactly the same thing, moral of the story you mess up as a parent and you correct yourself and move on."

I looked at Caleb and he shrugged.

"They're keeping her overnight." Alexa said.

"I'm going to stay overnight with her." She continued.

My mom walked over to Alexa comforting her.

"Okay and you guys can stay at our house." I said.

"No we're staying here with you guys, this little girl is apart of the family now." My mom said.

"Exactly." Mark agreed.

"Okay. It's going to be a long night."

————————

We were all sitting in the hospital room where Isabella was sleeping. Me and Alexa still had our clothes on from date night and Alexa looked tired and stressed.

Vanessa rubbed my shoulder and I looked up at her.

"I think you should get her some clothes and you can change out of yours." I nodded.

"Okay."

"And we can make a coffee run if you want company." Caleb said with Vanessa nodding.

"Yeah okay, let me tell my wife."

"Okay and I'll ask your mom and Tom if they can watch Calvin." I nodded.

I walked over to the chair Alexa and her dad were sharing. I gave him a look and he nodded moving so that i can take his seat.

I sat down beside my wife who was staring at Isabella sleep.

"Babe." I said.

"What if she would've died? What if Megan didn't make it in time an-"

"Alexa stop."

"What if we lost another child!" She sobbed, everyone was looking at her have her breakdown.

I got on the floor in front of her taking her hand.

"But we didn't, Isabella is here, she isn't going anywhere Stella didn't tell us about her allergy-" She chuckled.

"Sabrina." She said.

"Tomato, tomoto."

"But she will be in deep shit for that but that doesn't make us bad parents because now we're going to have more information on our daughter." I said.

Alexa nodded and I kissed her hand.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She said.

"I'm gonna go get us some clothes and you some coffee and food. Will you be okay?" She nodded.

"Okay." I got up and kissed her forehead and went up to kiss Isabella's forehead also. I motioned for Mark to sit by her to comfort her and me, Vanessa and Caleb walked out.