The baby touch

I woke up to an empty room and on the floor. Why the hell am i on the floor-

"The baby!" I jumped up running out of the nursery and into the living room seeing it empty my palms got sweaty and i was about to break out into a panic attack when i heard giggling.

I followed the sound and it led me to my room. I opened the door and saw Alexa chasing after her and she was running.

"I got you." Alexa said. Isabella laughed.

"Good morning." I said and they both turned their attention to me.

"What's going on in here."

"Well me and Isabella are about to go shopping."

"Sopping."

"Yeah." Isabella laughed.

"Okay." I looked at Alexa's clothes.

"Were you about to go to work?" She nodded.

"But decided against it. My daughter and wife needed me here." I smiled.

"I'm sorry about last night. I should've told you that i wanted a kid. I didn't communicate and that was on me." I said.

"I also owe you an apology I was only worried about myself that I didn't think about you. Obviously you want a kid, i had got you so excited for our baby boy." She said.

"Baby it's not your fault." I said. She nodded and picked Isabella up.

"So because we adopted her from the system we have to talk to her social worker about our new Daily schedule and she has to come to the house and see where she sleeps at and if we're able to provide for her financially as well as emotionally." Alexa nodded playing in Isabella's curly hair.

Isabella rubbed her eyes indicating she was tired.

"Here jess go put her to sleep and I'll go get her some clothes." I nodded taking her from Alexa.

Her lip quivered and she began crying.

"She hates me." I said.

Alexa laughed taking her back. "She doesn't hate you, you just don't have the baby touch."

"The baby touch?"

She laughed.

"Let's put her down for a nap and when she wakes up we will take to go shopping and set up the room." I nodded.

"I have to tell my dad. Jess hold the baby." She put the baby in my hand and she cried.

"Damn it."