Home sweet home

"Baby!" My father said happily holding his arms out for me and Jessica.

"Daddy." I said giving him a hug while he had a couple of men take me, jessica and Isabella's bags.

Isabella was in her stroller sleeping we had had a long flight and rest was overdue.

"Jessica have you seen your mother?" Tori my dad'd new wife asked.

"No not yet, i wanted Alexa to see you guys first before i went to see my mom and friends." She said.

"Okay."

We walked into the house to see it was different, my dad had less pictures of my mom up and more of him and Tori. I didn't know how to feel about that because my mom was still his wife they didn't get a divorce she had just died.

My dad must've noticed my concernment.

"I'm not erasing your mother she still had a spot in my heart. But it is time to move on." I rolled my eyes.

"You could've kept the pictures up."

"Babe." Jessica said.

"Okay fine I'll leave it alone." I said.

My phone had buzzed for the 5th time.

"Babe that's the billionth time tell your job you are not on call." Jessica joked.

I looked at the contact to see it was Cynthia again. She had been calling me ever since i gotten off the plane and I dont like it. I declined it and blocked her.

Maybe i should tell Jessica what happened. Maybe i could bring it up in counseling.

"Baby I'm gonna go see my mom are you good here?" Jessica asked knocking me out of my thoughts.

I nodded.

She kissed me on the cheek and grabbed the keys saying goodbye to my dad and his wife. Ugh.

Isabella started to make noise making me walk over to her when my dad went to her and got her out of her stroller.

He picked her up.

"You know she shouldn't still be this size?"

"She's underweight dad because of her biological mother." I said.

"She's getting back on track though the doctor said that if we keep it up she'll be the right weight in no time." My dad smiled.

"That's good."

"Do you wanna help Tori with dinner tonight?" I groaned walking to the couch.

"Dad-"

"It'll make me happy."

"Fine." I said.

"I need a drink before we start though."