Part four

"Ah, Lucy Heartfilia. The celestial mage, am i correct?" Lucy asked the four. They all nodded their heads.

"She gave me these keys," she lied, Lucy gestured to the belt on her waist.
"Even if im a dragon slayer, for some reason, i am able to summon them."

Their eyes widened.
"W-what?!"

"How?!"

"Like i said, i don't know."
Lucy lied, again.

Im surprised they believed me.

"So, mind telling me why you're here? Not many people come to these areas." Lucy asked in a monotone.
They all had a sweat drop on each of their faces.
"Oh, right..."
Sting scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

"... We forgot about the mission...didn't we?" Lector asked. The other three nodded, the exceed sighed in exasperation.

"What was your mission?"
Lucy asked.

"We had to find somesort of plant that could make very expensive medicine. What was the plant called anyway?" Sting asked his teammates. Rogue facepalmed.

Sighing exasperately he answered,
"Pheonix flower."

"Yeah! That one!"

"Oh, Pheonix flower? its actually pretty easy to find. I mean, only if you've been with it long enough you'll know how they work." Lucy explained before walking in a difrent direction the boys came from. They all gave her a questioning look.
"I'll help you find them." She simply said without looking back. The four looked at each other and shrugged, they began catching up with her.

"So, uh...about what you said, what do you mean by 'you know how they work'?" Lector asked from above them, the two exceeds were flying instead of walking.

"You see,"
Lucy began sniffing the air, as if folowing a scent.

"The flower you talked about, the Pheonix flower, it moves places every month. To put it simply,"
Lucy noticed the confused stare from Sting. She sighed.
"They keep on moving houses. They move atleast a mile away from where they last stayed."

The four all noded their heads in understanding.

"And," she added.

"If you have stayed around them more often, you will be more familiar to their scent. It is very similar to that of the forest surrounding us so it camaflouge's with it."

"But won't it look different than the rest of the flowers around us? It must be called the 'Pheonix flower' for nothing." Rogue said. Lucy smiled back at him before returning her attention towards the scent she had been following.

"You are correct. But,"

But? They all asked in their heads.

Lucy continued, "They all look like normal flowers that mean nothing if you do not have the will to continue. Even the slightest bit."

"But, why the will to continue?~" Frosch asked for everyone.

"The Pheonix represents the keeper of the fire in all of creation, no? Just like the will to continue, it should never waver. The will of fire should never burn out even the slightest bit if you want to find it." Lucy said with passion. The four widened their eyes in amazement at the girl before them.
(Naruto anyone?)

Lucy chuckled.
"I've heard someone say that before, the will of fire. They would always stay true to their word, never losing hope. I admire them." Lucy looked down with a soft smile on her face.

She looked back up.
"We're here."

They were now infront of a small field of sunset colored flowers, like a fire was set on the ground.

"W-we found it!!"
Sting's eyes widened in excitement.
"We actually found it!!"

"More like she found it."
Rogue muttered but nonetheless, smiled.

"So you four see them as a field of fire, yes?" Lucy asked as she put her hands behind her back. The four nodded their heads, still dumbfounded at the beautiful sight.

"That means that your will to find them didn't waver. Only a few have ever seen this flower." Lucy said happily, but still in a monotone.

"Why only a few?"
Lector asked.

"Most people either gave up or had doubt's that they would ever find it. They'd most of the time pass the flower and look for it for days before finally giving up. This forest is big, after all." Lucy explained. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
"So, how many did you need?" Lucy asked as she bent down.

"Just five." Rogue simply said.
Lucy nodded and picked the desired amount, standing back up and gave it to Rogue.

"Why not me?!" Sting whined while pouting like a child.

"Because, from my observations-"

More like because i know you.

"-you tend to lose things easily." Rogue nodded his head vigourusly while the exceeds snickered. A betrayed expression made way to Sting's face as he put his hand to his heart.
"Betrayal..." He muttered as anime tears flowed out his eyes. Everybody sweat dropped.

-time skip (because why not?)-

"Thanks for helping us find the flower!" Sting grinned at the girl.
She smiled back in reply.

"Hey, what if you join the guild?" Sting suggested.

If i do that then i could mess with Fairytails' heads! Fun! Revenge aswell!!!

After a not so long period of thinking, she nodded. "Sure."

The four broke into a smile and began cheering.
"Wohoo!!!!! A NEW GUILD MEMBER!!!!" They cheered.

Lucy chuckled at their antics while they jumped up and down, except Rogue who just stood there and smiled.

"So, lets go to the guild?"
Lucy asked as they settled down, though, still ecstatic that a new member would be joining.

The other four nodded their heads and Sting pointed to the direction from where they came from before.
"Lets go!!!"

Lucy smiled to herself as they ran in the direction where they were heading.

Maybe a second chance at family.

The three mages and two exceeds were running/flying without a care for the world. So care free. Their hair/fur swayed as they ran, their skin a little cold from the breeze that hit them, clothes dancing with the wind. It was fun.
Its been a long time since Lucy has felt this way.

A very long time.