Chapter 9: Recovery

Your P.O.V.
You slowly awoke with a pain in your head. Looking around you saw Kara right next to you, passed out. You saw it was morning and expected you were out for the night. You decided to sing for a bit. You wanted something soft due to Kara being asleep and you wanted something powerful to get you going. With that in mind you had the perfect song: In The End by Tommee Profit, a Linkin Park cover. You quietly said "May you rest in peace Chester Bennington." and sang the song.

"It starts with one. All I know." you sang quietly "So unreal. Watch you go." You tried getting up and sang "I tried so hard, and got so far. But in the end it doesn't even matter. I had to fall, to lose it all. But in the end, it doesn't even matter." You checked your wounds and sang "One thing, I don't know why. It doesn't even matter how hard you try. Keep that in mind I designed this rhyme to remind myself of the time when I tried so hard." Kara was still asleep as you sang "In spite of the way you were mocking me, acting like I was part of your property. Remembering all the times you fought with me. I'm surprised it got so...things aren't the way they were before. You wouldn't even recognize me anymore. Not that you knew me back then but it all comes back to me, in the end. You kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart. What it meant to me will eventually be a memory everytime." You saw that Dark Matter was on the bed sleeping, (he/she) had more wounds than you and you knelt down. You found another chair and continued "When I tried so hard, and got so far. But in the end, it doesn't even matter. I had to fall to lose it all. But in the end it doesn't even matter." You weren't going to sing the last part, it would be too loud and would wake everyone up. So you headed out and checked the time. It was sometime around 9 am.

You saw that there were only a few people in and you decided to head back to Kara and Dark Matter. When you got back to them you saw that Kara slowly got up. When she saw you up and about she said, frantically, "Why aren't you resting?" "I don't feel injured. I'm fine." you said, as Kara walked closer to you. Dark Matter slowly leaned up and said "Your welcome." You both looked over and saw (he/she) was the one injured. (He/She) said "One neat little trick I can do. I can swap out the pain we have." "You gonna be alright?" You asked as you kneeled next to (him/her). (He/She) laid back down and said "Yeah, just gimme about 6 hours." You chuckled and said "Don't you go dying on me yet." (He/She) then quickly chuckled and went back to sleep. "(He'll/She'll) be fine, right?" Kara asked you as you nodded and said "Yeah, (he's/she's) tanked worse." Kara tilted her head and questioned "When?" "You and me." You said, looking over to her. Kara then chuckled and said "Yeah, we make a pretty good team." You then had a bright idea.

You said, as you walked closer to Kara "Maybe we can do that duet you so profoundly said." She started to get a tad nervous and begin to blush. "Umm, do you want to." Kara said as you put your arm on her back and brought her closer. She was pressed against you and you said "Only if you want to." With that she smashed her lips against yours. Her arms were on your back and your hands slowly moved to her hips. Your tongues fought for dominance as Kara was very close to undressing you and you her. But then you heard a voice say "Get a room, this one's taken." You looked over at Dark Matter, still laying down, as (he/she) looked over at you too. Both you and Kara began to blush and you said "We won't disturb you." as (he/she) went back to sleep.

With that you two headed out. Kara decided to do a quick check of crime around the city as Supergirl. You decided to head home and take a shower. As you headed home you saw Kara zoom by above you. As you headed inside you saw something that almost horrified you. The place was covered head to toe in blood. You stepped back and closed your eyes. You thought 'This can't be real.' You shook your head and looked inside. It was back to normal. You didn't know what caused you to see that but you shrugged it off as a small hallucination. You headed in and took your shower. When you finished your shower you heard a knock on your door. You were drying off and only had your shorts on. You quickly headed to the door and saw Kara.

Kara's P.O.V.
I knocked on (F/N)'s door to invite (him/her) over for dinner. When (he/she) opened the door I was blushing madly. (He/She) was just in (shorts/shorts and a bra) and I saw how ripped (he/she) was. I was a mumbling mess as I said "Do...do you w-wanna come over for dinner?" "Sure. Just let me get changed." (He/She) said casually. I nodded nervously and (he/she) closed the door. I exhaled and thought 'Pull yourself together Kara' as I headed home.

Timeskip. Kara's Apartment
I made a feast for two as I sped between the kitchen and my room checking for dresses to wear. I was torn between a sparkling blue dress and a bright red dress. As I heard the timer beep for the food I sped out of my room and set the table with the food. I then sped back to my room and put on the red dress. I then looked in the mirror and thought 'Isn't this the same dress Atr3mis wore in Ready Player One?' Before I could think more into it I heard a knock on the door. I sped to the door and took off my glasses. I opened the door and saw (F/N) in a fancy black (dress shirt and black pants/short dress with heels). (He/She) combed (his/her) (H/C) hair back to make it presentable. (He/She) said "How do I look?" "Stunning." I quickly said, almost mumbling. (He/She) then said "Same with you." making me blush as (he/she) entered for our date.

A/N: And there you have it. I'm going to be working on the next chapter soon but rest assured that I will upload it. Anyway I hope you enjoyed and make sure you vote for the next book in my conversations. Have a great day/night. :)