Chapter 11: Infection and Indirection

The Next Day, Your P.O.V.
You headed into the DEO after a night of hell (DM's Nightmares) and talked to Alex. She wasn't in yet so you waited in a back room attempting to hold back some of the hallucinations. After some time you saw an African-American man with short black hair walk in. He looked around and he saw you sitting in a corner. He walked over and said "Are you alright?" You didn't want to chance it being an illusion so you ignored it. He then looked at you with red eyes and you immediately thought he was a threat. You grabbed him with a wave of dark energy and said "Get out of my head. Stop haunting me!" You started squeezing him and Dark Matter formed outside you and urged you to stop. (He/She) said "He's not an illusion. He's an alien, let him go!" You saw the misunderstanding and dropped him. As he recovered, Dark Matter reformed into you and you wandered back into the corner and uttered the words "Sorry."

The man got up and walked over to you, he said "Maybe I can help you." "Who are you?" you questioned. The man extended his hand and said "My name is J'onn. J'onn J'onzz. I used to work here." It then hit you, "You're the Martian aren't you? The mind-reader? Didn't I see you a while ago?" you asked. He nodded his head and knelt down next to you. "What seems to be wrong?" He asked as you let Dark Matter talk to him "I'm getting nightmares. Illusions of monsters, demons, blood. I think it might be affecting (F/N). (He/She) doesn't need this burden." "Don't you dare say that. We're in this together." you said to (him/her). J'onn saw this unfold and he said "I think I can find the problem to we can get this solved. Sound good?" You both nodded and J'onn said "This might sting." as he brought his hand out. You said "We can take it." He put his hand on your head and you fell into slumber.

Supergirl's P.O.V.
I walked into the DEO hoping (F/N) was here. (He/She) wasn't at home or in my apartment, plus (he/she) wasn't picking up his phone. I saw Alex walk in and I asked her "Do you know where (F/N) is? I haven't seen him since last night." Alex looked at me and said "You two didn't...do it did you?" I blushed and said "No. No we didn't." "Uh huh." Alex said sarcastically. She then got serious again and said "No I haven't seen (him/her). (He/She) might've came in earlier." I started getting worried and Alex put her hand on my shoulder and said "I'm sure (he's/she's) just out doing something. (He'll/She'll) be in, don't worry." I nodded in approval then Brainy walked up to us and said "Miss Danvers, Supergirl. I think I may have found something about our new alien, Atrocitus. It seems he has the ability to induce rage upon people. His blood, which he can spew from his mouth, can also entice people to give into rage." "So stay away from him and keep a mouth guard on him. Easy." I said, almost exhausted. Brainy said "Not exactly, it seems he has already infected someone. I'm not sure who but I was hoping Supergirl could clear that up." I then, to my horror, knew that (F/N) fought Atrocitus. (He/She) might've been hit by him. "We have to find (F/N)." I said as I heard a familiar voice behind me say "I think I might be able to help with that."

I turned around and saw J'onn. I was happy and surprised to see him and I said "J'onn? What are you doing here?" I went over to hug him and he said "I was stopping by to see Alex but she wasn't in. But I found your friend."I looked at him and asked "Where?" "(He's/She's) in the back. (He/She) insisted on no one going near (him/her)." J'onn spoke. I was shocked to hear that and said "Why?" J'onn sighed "He's infected with, something. I'm not sure what but it's giving (him/her) hallucinations and nightmares of grotesque, violent and gritty visions. (He/She) fears it might latch onto someone else if they get too close." I thought about it for a little bit and I was very close to him, I haven't had any visions at all. I then turned around and went to the back room. J'onn yelled "Supergirl!" I quickly got to the back room and I saw (F/N), (he/she) was curled up in a ball in the corner of the room.

I saw (F/N) and (he/she) saw me. He was reluctant on coming closer and said "Don't come closer, I don't want you to get sick." "(F/N), it's not contagious. I didn't get sick last night, J'onn isn't sick." I spoke soothingly. (He/She) slowly looked up at me and I started to get closer. I said "Whatever this is, I will help you get better. I will help you in any way I can." I was now next to (F/N) and I said "I love you (F/N), I will love you for the (man/woman) you are." I then leaned in and kissed him. (He/She) then got into the kiss and hugged me. I hugged back and we broke the kiss. (He/She) said "I love you too Kara." "We'll get through this, I promise." I said as I hugged (him/her) closer to me. We kissed again and (he/she) said "I think we should interrogate Atrocitus. He'll have answers." "Shall we?" I said, getting up and holding my hand out. (He/She) jokingly said "After you m'lady." as (he/she) grabbed my hand, making me blush slightly.

Your P.O.V.
You and Kara entered the interrogation room with Atrocitus in front of you. He said "Experiencing the nightmares yet?" "Yes, and I don't like it. How do I get rid of it?" you said. Atrocitus laughed and said "Die, or give into the rage." "Is there any other way?" you asked, not wanting either. Atrocitus said "It'll be nice to see you struggle with the test." "Test? What test?" you asked. He said "You must defeat three lanterns of different colors. But I highly doubt there are any here." You left the room and Kara followed suit. She asked "Where are you going?" "I'm going to find these lanterns. And I think I know who can help. But if what he said is true then I myself have to defeat them." You said. You kissed her and said "I will be back tomorrow with news. Wether it be good or bad, I will have news." as you turned and walked away, you heard Kara yell "I love you." You turned back and said "I love you too." You teleported out of the DEO to start the test.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed. By the way there is a vote for this chapter for who should show up in the next chapter. So it's basically the voting system from Batgirl x Male Reader. So your choices are Dex-Starr, Star Sapphire and Sinestro. Chose whoever you wish to fight next. Anyways I hope you enjoyed and make sure to vote for the next book in my conversations. Have a great day/night. :)