Chapter 15: Black Blood

Your P.O.V.
Dark Matter was still on edge knowing that Nekron, a nigh unkillable being with an army on his side, was aiming for both (his/her) and your heads. With Kara, Dark Matter, and the DEO working like crazy, you knew they would be a tad cranky. You were currently at home with Dexter and he was very content with his new home. You were both lazing around while Dark Matter stayed at the DEO. You decided to turn on the TV to entertain yourself. You flipped to the news, even though you thought they were biased, and saw that Supergirl managed to stop some rogue aliens. But after that little tidbit you flipped over to DVD to watch Avengers: Infinity War. It was nearing the end of the film when the battle of Wakanda was roaring on when you heard a knock on your door.

You knew it wasn't Dark Matter cause you'd sense (him/her), so you said "Hey Kara, how are you?" as you got up from your chair. As you opened the door you said "So, what's new Super-" and as you opened the door you got hit, hard. You saw Dexter attempt to claw the perp but was knocked out. You got up and tried to punch him/her but instead you felt a pain in your abdomen. You looked down and you saw you were impaled by a scythe with a lantern on it. You looked up and saw a decayed man with white eyes staring at you. "Now I can finally end the Lanterns, permanently." he said with a raspy voice. You passed out from the blood loss and prayed that someone would help you.

Dark Matter's P.O.V.
I felt an extreme pain in my abdomen as if I'd been stabbed. I was at a group meeting with Director Danvers, Supergirl, and Brainiac-5 discussing about Nekron. When I doubled over in pain Supergirl came to my aid. My form was vibrating and changing bodies rapidly. She asked "Are you alright?" "I...I don't know. I think something is wrong." and just as I said it we all saw a bright black sphere appear at the top of the staircase. Something formed in the sphere, and it looked almost identical to me. I yelled "Nekron!" as I readied myself, but stopped when I saw (F/N) being held by (his/her) throat. Supergirl and Alex readied themselves and Brainiac-5 stayed at the table.

Nekron brought (F/N) up and said "I desire two things from you wretches. John Stewart and Dark Matter. Bring them to me at Shelly Island by nightfall, or (he/she) dies a slow, painful, death." He squeezed (F/N)'s throat and said "Happy hunting." and vanished. I felt the air become a more vital part of me as I gasped for air. Supergirl said "We need to think of something, he has (F/N). I can't let him hurt (him/her)." Alex then comforted her and said "We'll get (him/her) back, don't worry." She looked towards Brainiac-5 and said "Where can we find John Stewart?"

Your P.O.V.
You were in a manufacturing plant when you woke up. You saw many chains dangling from the ceiling like it was out of a Hellraiser movie, the better ones, not the crappy ones. You looked around for clues to contact to Dark Matter but instead found LK-4D4. He was beaten to a pulp and was bleeding green. He looked as if he was going to shut down. He looked over at you and said "(F/N)? Is that you?" "Yes. It's me Forty Four." you replied. He chuckled and said "I've called myself Sean for the longest time." (If your name is Sean just replace it with Jack) you saw his legs were gone, one of his eyes was missing, and he was very dirty, implying he's been here for a long time. You ask "How long have you been here for?" "A month. Ever since I was released from the DEO. He's tortured me, shut me down and booted me back up." he replied.

He started to cry, like a human, and said "It's my fault you're here. He wanted to know where Dark Matter was. I tried to ward him off for as long as I could but he threatened to kill innocent people. He named off so many: Lena Luthor, Ben Lockwood, Raymond Jenson, Lois Lane, Hal Jordan, James Olsen, even you. When he mentioned your name, I had to tell him. I didn't want any innocent blood shed. I'm sorry." you looked down and said "It's alright. You made the right choice." "I'm glad to have met you, (F/N) (L/N). But my time is up. Before I go, I must warn you of a coming threat. His name is Brai-" before he could finish, he was impaled by Nekron from behind. He said "We don't want any preparations for what is to come. That would spoil the fun." You ran up to him and attempted to hit him but he broke your wrist and said "I guess I should tie you up, with your own medicine." and used his black ring to make chains wrap around you. He approached you and said "You are nothing but a pawn being played in a celestial game. Nothing more, nothing less." He left you alone with the body of your closest friend.