{1} The Sorting Ceremony

***

***

Hermione and I had went to Diagon Alley and gotten all of the stuff we needed. My mom didn't have the time, no surprise there, to take me. Hermione and her parents were happy to take me though. I ended up getting a kitten as my pet. It was grey with some white and brown markings on its face. I named her Zera because I really liked that name.

Hermione and I had loaded onto the train and had already found a compartment. We placed our stuff inside and were talking to each other. A boy by the name of Neville asked us if we had seen a toad and we told him no. We decided to help him find his lost pet so we could relieve our boredom. I made sure that Zera stayed put and then we were off. We asked most of the people on the train and we reached an open compartment. Inside of it were two boys with candy in between them. One of the boys had ginger hair and the other had brown. My eyes were mostly trained on the candy.

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one." Hermione told them.

"No." The ginger boy said. Hermione noticed my gaze on the candy and elbowed me lightly. I looked over at her in confusion as to why she would break me out of my wonderful trance.

Hermione noticed the ginger's raised wand, "Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see then."

The boy cleared his throat, "Sunshine, daises, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" There was a zap and the box flew off of the rat, but other than that nothing happened. The ginger boy turned to the brown-haired boy and shrugged.

"Are you sure that's a real spell?" Hermione asked. "Well, it's not very good, is it? Of course I've only tried a few simple spells myself, and they've all worked for me. For example..," Hermione pulled me to sit beside of her across from the brown-haired boy that had been staring at the two of us. She pointed her wand at his glasses, which were battered, and said, "Oculus Repairo," And just like that, the glasses were good as new. The boy took them off of his face and looked at them in amazement. "That's better, isn't it? Holy Cricket, you're Harry Potter. I'm Hermione Granger."

Hermione looked over at me wanting me to say something, "And I am Kira Taylor. Pleasure to meet you."

Hermione turned to the ginger boy and her face scrunched up, "And you are?"

"I'm...Ron Weasley." Ron said with his mouth filled with candy.

"Pleasure," Hermione turned back to look at Harry. "You two better change into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon," She had made me change into my robes too. I honestly didn't find them that appealing. Hermione stands up and we get ready to walk out, but Hermione stopped. She turned back and said to Ron, "You've got dirt, on your nose, by the way, did you know? Just there." Hermione pointed to a place on her nose and Ron rubbed his nose. Hermione turned and left, but I stayed.