{9} End of the Year

***

***

It has been a day or two after everything had gone down. Ron was okay now and Harry was in the infirmary. Everything was now calm and peaceful. Dumbledore was back as well. He was the one who went and helped Harry. Hermione, Ron, and I were standing on a stairwell balcony talking when we heard footsteps. We all looked over to see Harry looking at us with a smile. We leaned over the railing. Harry addressed Ron first, "All right there, Ron?"

"All right? You?" Ron asked.

Harry shrugged, "All right. Hermione? Kira?"

Hermione smiled, "Never better."

Harry looked over at me and I smiled, brightly, "I'm absolutely amazing, Harry."

***

Everyone was in the Great Hall and sadly... there were green banners with snakes on them hung. Slytherin had ended up winning the house cup and I was not happy. Sure, we did get a lot of points deducted from Gryffindor, but I expected some people to actually be able to earn them back. That was not the case though and I decided to just suck it up. Professor McGonagall tapped her spoon on her glass getting everyone's attention. Everyone stopped talking immediately.

Dumbledore stood up from his seat, "Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points," Everyone clapped and my friends and I hid our faces, "Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points," People clapped for the kind and hardworking house, "In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points," More clapping for the clever house, "And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House." There was immense cheering for the cunning and ambitious house.

I could hear Malfoy's annoying voice say, "Nice one, mate." He looked over at sneered at Ron when he saw him looking.

Dumbledore nodded at them, "Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin, well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award," The Gryffindor students look up and start to hope it's for them... And it is, "To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points."

Hermione smiled and Harry patted her on the back, "Good job."

Dumbledore wasn't done yet, "Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess," Ron turned to Harry and mouthed, 'Me?' Harry nodded and said, 'You!' "That Hogwarts has seen these many years... 50 points, More applause. "Third, to Kira Taylor," I freeze in complete shock and look over at my friends. They all stared at me with smiles, "For always being able to believe in her friends no matter the circumstances... 50 points," As everyone applauded, Hermione attacked me in a hug and I laughed, hugging her back. Everyone was quiet again, "And third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house... 60 points."

"We've passed Slytherin!" Hermione exclaimed.

Dumbledore continued, "And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom," People cheered loudly for the boy who was in complete shock, "Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order," He clapped and the Slytherin banners turned into Gryffindor banners, "Gryffindor wins the house cup!" The Gryffindors stood up and cheered loudly.

"Yes!" I could hear Hagrid cheer.

I turned to Hermione and hugged her again, "I've never been this happy for something in my life!" And it was completely true. Yes, I've been happy about something before, but this was different. This was something that I help make happen. I was completely overwhelmed with joy and I loved it. I loved this feeling so much. I let go of Hermione and we exchanged huge smiles. Everyone took off their hats and threw them into the air.

***

We stood at the outdoor train station at Hogwarts getting ready to leave. I handed Zera to one of the train men and Harry did the same with Hedwig. I could hear Hagrid saying, "Come on now, hurry up. You'll be late. Train's leaving. Go on. Go on. Come on. Hurry up." Hermione and I wave to Hagrid as we started to get on the train.

Harry stopped and Hermione said, "Come on, Harry."

"One minute." Harry told us. He walked over to Hagrid and they talked for awhile. When they were done, Harry walked back over to where Ron, Hermione, and I were waiting from him.

"Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?" Hermione questioned.

I sighed, "I never want to leave this place."

"I'm not going home," Harry looked back at Hagrid, "Not really." The train whistled and we all got inside of the train. We found a compartment and Harry, myself, and a few other students wave goodbye.

***

When we finally get to Platform 9 3/4, we get off of the train and start looking for our rides. I look around to try and see my mom anywhere with my stuff in hand. I sighed, of course, she didn't show up... again. Hermione stood beside of me and looked around as well, "I'm guessing that sigh means you're mom didn't show up."

I nodded, "Yeah. I've given up all hope for her now. Looks like I'm riding with you," I turned around to face Ron and Harry, "I'm gonna miss you guys," I wrapped the two boys into a hug and then let go of the,. "We'll see you guys next year. You both better write to us." With one last hug, Hermione and I walked to her parents. I just couldn't wait for next year.