{7} Voldemort's in the Forest?

***

***

The six of us walked through the dark and eerie forest. There is one thing that I will never get about this school. They tell us that we can't go into the Forbidden Forest, but then makes us go there for detention. Are they wanting us to die? Fang walked along side us as we dodged tree limbs. Hagrid suddenly set down his stuff and leaned down to touch a puddle. He moved his fingers around in it and he pulled them out to reveal a silver liquid. He stood up and studied it. "What exactly is that, Hagrid?" I asked, trying to get a better look at it.

"What we're here for. See that?" Hagrid showed us the substance on his fingers, "That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something," Harry seemed to be looking at something and I look as well, but see nothing. "So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, Kira, you'll come with me."

Ron replied with a weak voice, "Okay."

"And Harry, you'll go with Malfoy." Draco grimaced as Harry looked over at him then nodded to Hagrid.

"Okay. Then I get Fang!" Malfoy exclaimed.

"Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward." Hagrid told the blond. Malfoy's face fell as Fang whined. I had to keep myself from laughing at his misfortune. Then we went our separate ways to find the unicorn.

***

Awhile after we had split up, Malfoy and Fang came running up to us. Apparently, they had saw something in the forest and they had left Harry there. I almost wanted to kill Malfoy for that. I expected nothing less from him though. We all ran trying to find Harry and we eventually found him talking to a centaur. I was really into Percy Jackson so, of course, I would know what a centaur was. Fang barked as Hermione and I called out, "Harry!"

Hagrid nodded to the centaur, "Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met our young Mr. Potter," Hagrid looked at Harry, "You all right there, Harry?" Harry nodded.

"Harry Potter," The centaur, Firenze, said which made Harry look back to him. "This is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck." Firenze left us and that's when we noticed the dead unicorn. It was truly sad to see such a beautiful creature like that dead. Unicorns was something I grew up reading about and watching movies about. I mean, my favorite book and movie was the Last Unicorn.

***

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I all sat in the Gryffindor common room. Most of the other Gryffindors were already in their beds asleep. It had taken us a long while to get back from the Forbidden Forest. Harry had explained to us what he had seen in the forest and I was kind of shocked, "So... wait a minute. Voldemort's in the forest?" Ron flinched when I said You-Know-Who's actually name.