{6} Norbert, the Dragon

***

***

It was a few days after Christmas and I felt a lot better about not being able to go home for Christmas. Of course, I was still upset, but I wasn't focusing on it as much now. Hermione was back with us and everyone else was here as well. Apparently, Harry went back to the mirror when Ron and I had left. He told us that Dumbledore had shown up and talked to him.

Harry, Ron, and I sat at a table in the library doing our homework. The library was a lot bigger than the one at mine and Hermione's old school. The books were a lot more interesting here as well. What else would you expect from a wizard school? My attention was brought away from my homework when Hermione placed a book down on the table. It made a loud thumping sound which made Harry and and I jump.

"I had you looking in the wrong section," She exclaimed. "How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading." She sat down beside of me.

I looked at her in shock, "And what is your definition of light reading?"

She glared at me and looked through the book, "Here it is! 'Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!'"

"The what?" Ron and Harry asked. I didn't say anything because I knew that she was going to say something to them.

"Honestly, don't you two read?" And I was right. She went on to read, "'The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal.'"

"Immortal?"Ron scrunched his eyebrows.

Hermione looked over at him, "It means you'll never die."

"I know what it means!" Ron said, loudly. People were looking over so I covered his mouth with my hand as Harry shushed him. Ron gave me a look and I removed my hand then focused back on Hermione.

"'The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!'" Hermione read.

My eyes widened, "That's actually possibl-" Harry's covered my mouth with his hand. I gave him a thumbs up saying that I was good now.

Hermione continued, "That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor... the Philosopher's Stone!" The four of us shared a look.

***

It was nighttime when the four of us sneaked away to Hagrid's hut. We couldn't do it during the day seeing as we didn't have the time. As we neared the hut, we could see that the lights were on. The end of my robes were getting wet because of the wet ground. We stood on the doorstep and started knocking. After a second or two, the door opened to revel Hagrid. "Hagrid." Harry addressed him.