{8} Wizard's Chess

***

***

When it was night, we made sure that we were quiet when we were sneaking out. We didn't want someone to come and snitch on us. Not saying that they would, but you never know about some people. We were quiet as we walked down the stairs, but then we heard a croaking sound. We looked and saw Trevor on the arm of a chair, "Trevor." Harry said.

Ron was a little loud when he said, "Trevor, shh! Go, you shouldn't be here!"

We saw the chair moved slightly and then noticed that Neville was sitting in it, "Neither should you," Neville stood up to face us and I noticed that he was still in his pajamas, "You're sneaking out again, aren't you?"

I tried to act innocent, "What? Why would we want to do that?" Neville didn't seem to be convinced by my act though.

Harry tried to reason with the boy, "Now, Neville, listen. We were-"

Neville cut him off, "No! I won't let you! You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again! I-I'll fight you." Neville held out his fists, but he didn't seem confident in what he was doing. He actually looked pretty nervous. At least he's willing to try. I got to give him credit for that.

"Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this," Hermione pulled out her wand and pointed it at him, "Petrificus Totalus." Neville instantly froze with his arms at his side. He couldn't support himself anymore so he ended up falling to the floor. Hermione put her wand back.

Ron looked at her and gulped, "You're a little scary sometimes... you know that? Brilliant, but scary."

"Let's go," Harry told us. As he walked past Neville, he said, "Sorry."

"Sorry." Hermione whispered.

"Me too." I then continued after Harry and Hermione.

Ron stopped and said, "It's for your own good, you know." The four of us left to go on our little adventure.

***

The four of us were under Harry's invisibility cloak. It was a tight fit because we had to make sure it covered all of us. We ended up having to duck down a little too. The boys were in the back while Hermione and I took the lead. Since it was a tight fit, Ron ended up stepping on Hermione's foot. "Ow," Hermione exclaimed, quietly. "You stood on my foot!"

"Sorry." Ron apologized. A torch beside of the door lit itself as we walked up to the wooden door. 

Hermione took out her wand and aimed it at the door, "Alohomora." The door unlocked itself and slowly opened. We walked inside and closed it quietly behind us.