{4} "Gryffindor Wins!"

***

***

It was the next morning and we were sitting at our table. Everyone was eating their food except for Harry. He's worried about the Quidditch match today against Slytherin. Harry was twirling his food on a fork and stared down at it. "Take a bit of toast, mate. Go on." Ron told the brunet. Harry still stared down at his food.

"Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today." Hermione agreed.

Harry still didn't eat anything and I sighed, "You're going to have to eat at some point."

Harry looked over at Hermione and I, "I'm not hungry."

A deep and familiar voice caught our attention, "Good luck today, Potter," Professor Snape stood there staring Harry down. "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you... even if it is against Slytherin." He stood there for a moment before leaving us alone. As he was walking, we noticed that he was limping.

"That explains the blood." Harry said, squinting his eyes.

Hermione turned back to look at him, "Blood?"

"Listen," Hermione, Ron, and I leaned a bit closer as Harry quietly said, "Last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping."

I thought about it for a second, "It doesn't sound entirely insane."

Hermione nodded, "Kira's right. But why would anyone go near that dog?"

Harry started to explain, "The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret." Harry turned to look over at Ron.

"So you're saying..." Hermione trailed off.

Harry continued for her, "That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." We turn our heads at the sound of an owl screeching. We see Harry's owl, Hedwig, carrying a very large parcel. I stared at the owl in confusion as it dropped it off in front of us. Harry caught it in his hands and carefully placed it on the table.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione inquired, studying the package.

"But I-I never get mail." Harry stuttered looking at the three of us.

Ron stared down at the package, "Let's open it." The four of us start working to open the package. Once it was unwrapped, everyone knew what it was. It was a broomstick! How did we not know before we opened it? It was in the same shape as a broomstick even before we unwrapped it.