( 7. ) Aesthetic ✓

Adding aesthetics to your story is a dangerous game to play. You might do it one way and love it for a few weeks, then later on you can't stand it and you'll go back and change everything, only to go back and repeat the process once again a few more weeks later.

I understand.

There are plenty of ways you can make your book look fancier than it should. Some people type their title, chapter names, and other headings in all caps. While some choose to write out their entire store in lowercase letters. Though both are grammatically incorrect (ha), I get it. They work. It looks nice.

But sometimes, you just need to chill with all that. Choose a different aesthetic layout and roll with it for a while, see if it's more fitting. If you're writing a story about princes and flower fields, all caps will look very intimidating and it doesn't match well. All lowercase letters aren't usually used in on-going stories, rather than just preferences/one-shots/tips and stuff like that. Those are okay too, but understand why you're doing it.

Now let's go over, art.

Borders and fancy little symbols. I am a slut for symbols so go crazy, but at least have a theme. Like if you're doing sparkles, stars go well with that. If you're doing a book that has something to do with poker or card games, do the card symbols. Those are spunky.

To find them, I usually just go to google and type in symbols copy and paste, then I tap the first link that shows up. There's a huge selection and you're sure to find something of your interest.

Now with borders, this is a big part of it all. You don't want anything that will turn off your readers like dotted lines or circles.

- - - - -

°•°•°•°•°•

They look cute, I understand, but it's just so extra. Avoid that, please. Go back to Google, type in images fancy line borders and there you will have many options.

For example,

These are a few, but there are many more

These are a few, but there are many more. They are cute decorative line borders, perfect to go under your headers or chapter titles!

This is just the basics of aesthetics, fonts are on another level, which I will go over another time. :)