Chapter 1: Memories of a New Life and Arrival to Remnant.

(I didn't come up with this flashback story, to be honest. It was an idea I had from a friend of mine.)

~Flashback Story of Jaune's new life~
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, URNA, Earth
(Author's note: URNA stands for United Republic of North America. Look at the Halo wiki in case you're confused)

He never remembered much on how he got to where he was now but all he cared about now was trying to survive on the streets by stealing since he never had any credits or money. He kept living the life of stealing until he met someone named Preston Cole, who was a Vice Admiral in the UNSC Navy. Preston Cole treated Jaune as if he was his own son when he took Jaune in to live a better life away from stealing.

Jaune had grown to admire Preston Cole like he was his own dad as he had also admired his father figure for his victories despite all odds being stacked against him from the Covenant which were a group of advanced alien races that had declared a genocidal war against humanity. Although Jaune was marine at the time when Preston Cole was still alive, Jaune learned and studied the strategies that his father figure, Preston Cole, had used against when fighting a Covenant fleet and Jaune hoped that one day that he could fight alongside his father figure when he becomes a captain of a ship or an admiral.

When Jaune had heard of the presumable death of his father figure at the Battle Psi Serpentis. He felt as if he lost his only family as the betrayal by his own friends and his own father back on Remnant come back to haunt him. Jaune was able to survive the Human-Covenant War since he and a battalion of marines that he was assigned to were stationed in North America to fend off Covenant Forces with other UNSC forces in North America while lucky to not be caught in the glassing in some parts on the continent of Africa.

After a year after the Human-Covenant War, Jaune volunteered to become a Spartan-IV when he was 27 at the time. Jaune was like any other Spartan-IV during his 5 years as a Spartan-IV but the one thing that separates him from the other Spartan IVs was being a good tactician. Jaune was good at strategies and tactics as he would look for the enemy's weaknesses or flaws first and start using the enemy's weaknesses or flaws against the enemy when the opportunity shows itself.

Most of the Higher Ups in the UNSC felt that Jaune was better off as an Admiral of a fleet. When Jaune was given the offer to become an Admiral of a fleet. He decided to accept the offer of being an admiral of a fleet to honor his father figure, Preston Cole, who was a hero that died in the defense of humanity and Earth as he also honored his father figure by changing his last name to Cole. After Jaune accepted the offer of being an admiral, he was giving the command of the recently formed 33rd Fleet.

In the first years of being an admiral, some ship captains within the 33rd fleet were skeptical of Jaune being in charge of the entire 33rd fleet due to how Jaune was recently new to being an admiral. The 33rd Fleet gets it's first taste of combat as the fleet was called to defend a UNSC Colony that was currently under siege by 6 CAS-Class Assault Carriers and 26 CCS-Class Battlecruisers belonging to Jul 'Mdama's Storm Covenant that had recently destroyed the colony's defending ships there.

The 33rd Fleet under Jaune's command had outnumbered the Storm Covenant ships with 75 ships total but the Storm Covenant ships had stronger shields but the downside for the Storm Covenant Ships there was that they were a bigger target for UNSC ships. Jaune utilized the Storm Covenant ships' flaw of its big size against them as he ordered the ships of the 33rd fleet to target the Storm Covenant ships far from the range of the Storm Covenant's weaponry with the MAC Guns. Once the 33rd Fleet was able to deplete the Storm Covenant ships' shields, Jaune then ordered the 33rd Fleet to go in for the kill as the ships of the 33rd Fleet relentlessly unleashed all of its weaponry against the shield depleted Storm Covenant ships there as they were eventually destroyed due to the overwhelming firepower.