Family Matters

Later on that day

"Okay that should be that last of it, I'm surprised all my stuff came early

"Okay that should be that last of it, I'm surprised all my stuff came early." I catch my breath as I put the last finishing touches on my new bedroom. I go to turn the light off just to see how it would look in the dark.

 I go to turn the light off just to see how it would look in the dark

Okay bitch you did that.

I smiled as I turned the light on.  I go to my back pack and start taking out smaller stuff to put my little nightstand. I gasp as I pulled two pictures of my mom out with a sticky note attached to it.

 I gasp as I pulled two pictures of my mom out with a sticky note attached to it

Thought you would like some company down there

Thought you would like some company down there. These were the last two pictures she took before the cancer completely took over.

-Aunt Ellie

I held the pictures close as tears fell from my eyes. I missed her so much, my best friend. She was so beautiful, She was a photographer and the best one in D.C. She knew how to work the camera from behind and the front. Modeling Agencies would send their models to her only wanting the best. And my mother was the best.

Knock....Knock.... Knock.

"Ghenesis, it Maddy. Can I come in?" She knocked on the door.

" Yea come on." I wiped the tears off my face and gently place the pictures on my dresser. " Oh my it beautiful , has a dreamy ambience in here." She complimented.

" Thank you, that what I was going for"

"Oh....is that your mom?" She stepped closer to the pictures looking at them. " Uh yeah, last one she took before...it got worse." I sadly smile. " She was beautiful....I see where you get your glow from, she was radiant." She gave me a sympathetic smile which just made me nod my head.

" I came up here to tell you that dinner ready and that father here, I hope steak is fine." She stated

"Yes that great I'll be down in a minute." I replied. She nodded her head leaving and closing the door. I sighed and gave myself a pep talk before opening my door leaving out the room.

" Oh shit...I'm sorry I didn't see you there." I had bumped into Zeus's chest.

Again no reply.

He walked passed me down the stairs as I followed him towards the dining room area. My dad was already sitting down as Madeline poured him something to drink. As he looked at me I realized he had grey eyes like Zeus....his seem more colder.

"Hmm, well at least for a trans woman you look decent

"Hmm, well at least for a trans woman you look decent."

"Charles!" Madeline looked him in shock. But I wasn't. When I was younger I remember how much he showed he despised me.

" Um Ms. Madeline dinner looks great but I'm going to decli-"

" We eat dinner as a family, so you will sit down and eat." My dad cut me off.  I felt a hand gently push me forward making me turn to Zeus see behind me. I moved out his way and down in the chair near the end of the table.

" It seems I made a mistake of leaving you with your mother....wearing women's clothing...acting so flamboyant......a disgrace."

" Charles-

" I'm taking to my son....Know your place Madeline." He says as he cut into his steak putting a piece in his mouth.

I hope he fucking choke.

" Now before I was rudely interrupted, I was going to say that all that can be changed. You will start by working with your brother."

" I'm sorry what?" Zeus said which I jumped. No reason for anybody voice to be that deep.

"Yes, he will work with you. You will train him and toughen him up... hopefully whatever phase this is should be gone by the time you guys graduate.

I got up from the table ignoring the pleading and angry voices calling my name. I knew this was a bad idea, I should have stayed my ass in DC. I go to my room slamming the door and sat on my bed as I tried breathing through the crying. I don't understand why God would send me down to a man like this. It not my fault I'm the way that I am. If I had the choice to be normal I would.

Knock knock knock

" Ghenesis....it Maddie are you okay?" I covered my mouth as I tried to be as quiet as possible. I didn't want to give her any reason to come in. I saw the shadow of her footsteps leaving the front of my door. I hugged my knees as I rocked my self back and forth.

" What I'm suppose to do momma....how am I suppose to be strong?"  I whispered looking at her pictures. 

I don't think I can survive this.