MALICE

"Ghenesis

"Ghenesis...you good?"

"Huh....oh yeah just got a lot on my mind." I sighed. I couldn't stop thinking about what happen yesterday and what Maddie said about Charles not wanting his own granddaughter in the house or around at all. Then last night Zeus and I somehow fell asleep on the couch with him laying on top of me holding my waist. It felt weird being in his arms, and yet I stayed in his embrace until he woke up to get ready for school. No words were said between us. Not even a whole week went by and I'm already drained from the weird bullshit drama.

"Girl I understand, I had to literally hold my grandma back from beating my momma ass." He sighed. " Damn....is that why you got that small bruise on your cheek, I didn't want to pry or anything." I replied.

"Nah you good, my mom and grandma bumps heads so much due to her drinking. Ever since my dad left ....she went down hill, so last night she left like she usually do and was bold enough to bring some random that she met at the club to the house. Girl I ain't never seen my grandmother lift anything until yesterday. She took one of the dining table chairs and threw it their way hitting the window, then went straight for her." He stated.

" Damn Gigi you okay?" I asked concerned. That fact he had to be a human shield to make sure his mom doesn't get hurt is crazy.

"Oh girl yea, that the usual at my house....I mean shit it better than cable." He laughed. I just shook my head opening my binder going to a new page. The late bell rung making more of the students come in as they came in finding a seat.

" Okay class, Today we will be starting our marriage chapter which is the first thing on your syllabus. Now if you were in my junior class last semester, you will remember doing this except we also had the parenting course. But the difference this year is we'll be more focus on the marriage part. A lot of marriages don't last long because they lack intimacy and what causes that?" Ms. Peterson asked. Students start raising their hands answering, I wasn't paying attention spinning in my own mind.

"Ms.Santiago?"

I looked up to see all eyes on me as I came back to reality.

" Yes mam."

"What do you think...why marriages lack intimacy?"

Urgh I hate when I get called on. What if I say the wrong thing.....what if I slap a bitch for saying a snide remark?

" Um.... marriages lack intimacy because they were built on faulty foundations. We say we come in with open hearts....we don't...we still simmering on what happened in the past or with a planned motive that now it no longer becomes a marriage of love, but more of a competition of who can blame who more....... destroy the family you built. Instead of wanting to heal with each other....we becomes enemies.....strangers in our own anger." I say in a daze.