As we walk through the darkness......

Author Pov

Wednesday came around and I got nervous by the day as it got closer to friday

Wednesday came around and I got nervous by the day as it got closer to friday. Ever since the incident between me and Zeus, i been staying out of Zeus way...more like avoiding him. It was hard though, during the drive to school....I avoided looking at him or getting help to get out of the truck. Just being around him made me feel something I wasn't supposed to feel.....and it terrified me. Once we got home for today, I walked to my room closing the door behind me

I sighed as i sat at the vanity taking my earrings and jewelry off. I smiled in relief when i saw the bruise on my neck was fading, thinking about the excuse i gave my friends when they ask.

"I have an allergic reaction to a shirt I brought."

I got up after putting my hair in a bun going to my drawer to get some joggers and a tank top changing out of my school clothes.

" IS YOU FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?" I jumped hearing Zeus yelled. I quickly walked to the door locking it just in case. " THE FUCK IS THEY AT BRUH?"

"He on the phone somebody.....not my business." I shrugged as I grabbed my bag taking the homework I had for today.

Knock .....Knock..... Knock!

I looked to my door frozen feeling my anxiety rise. I slowly got up going to my door unlocking it. I open it a little to see Zeus standing with his head down with his shoulders slouched.

"You have a driver license?" His voice cracked.

"Yeah, it just isn't a Georgia one.....are you okay?" I asked as I felt my heart drop feeling like something had happen. " Can you drive my truck and take me somewhere please?" I saw tears go down his face as he look like he was gonna fall over.

"Uh yeah....give me sec to get my wallet and phone." I putting my slides on and getting my stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Zeus.....is....is this crack house?" I asked as we pulled up to the location he directed me to. Without responding he went in the glove compartment taking his gun out and clocking back before getting out the truck walking towards the house. I wasn't sure if I should get out or stay which I chose the second option. Five minutes later Zeus came out with what look like a child in his arms and an angry Anisha walking behind him trying to put her clothes on.

"What the hell?" I open the door hopping out as I come around the other side around the truck.

" GIVE ME MY FUCKING BABY!" She tried to grab the child making her cry. Zeus saw me instantly putting her in my hands.