Fifty-Three

"Olyvya!" Asada shouts.

In this moment I just wanted to die. There was nothing I could do to make this up to her. I had finally made amends with the fact that she wanted to kill me. I was finally on good terms with her and I had just ruined all of that trying to show off my magical powers. I was such an idiot. I jumped from the couch, I could feel the hot tears forming in the corner of my eyes. Gage's hand shot up grabbing me pulling me back down beside him.

"Olyvya, calm down." He whispers in my ear as he wraps his arms around me pulling me into him. "She isn't as scary as you think she is,"

My eyes shot up to him. She had literally kidnapped him from his own home, destroyed the place and held him captive under the sea. She sent sharks after me because I didn't want to leave. She has threatened to kill me multiple times.

Gage shakes his head holding me close as we watch the freak out commence.

"My beautiful coffee table!" Asada shouts. Hudson jumps up trying to help his sister.

"Asada it will be okay, please just calm down," Asada glares at her brother. He waives Gage, Sammy, and I to follow him while Asada cleans up. We eagerly jump from the couch and follow him as he leads us to the back patio. I was too focused on my inner emotions to really notice anything that was happening around me.

"We can work on our powers out here, it will be more secluded and less likely to damage any furniture," Hudson looks at me. I cower down where I was standing, "But Olyvya do not worry about it because she will get over it, she just overreacts really quickly when it comes to things in our home. Our mother left the house how it is and Asada has been very careful at keeping things exactly how she left them,"

This didn't help. Hudsons explanation made me feel even worse. Asada had a connection to this house because that's how her mother had left it. This was something she would never be able to get back. I could have just ruined that for her.

"Olyvya, stop." Sammy gripes again. I shake my head looking at her. She could hear me cutting myself down. I tried to fake a smile to make her feel slightly better, but I knew she knew I was lying.

"Let's just focus on our powers," Hudson motions towards the water in the fish bowl on the table. I finally took a few moments to take in our surroundings. We were on the back patio, a large awning protected us from the sun. The patio furniture matched the interior of the household. Whites and blues. The mesh of the chairs was a white so clean and bright it was nearly blinding. The pillows a blue so deep and vibrant that I couldn't seem to look away from it. We all took our seats around the matching table in the center.

"How do we figure out what we each can do?" Gage questions. I can sense the hesitancy in his voice. I watch carefully as Hudson thinks about what to say.

"Well we practice them, like Olyvya was able to find hers naturally we just go through the motions," Hudson shrugs. Flicking at his hair he takes a seat on the chair closest to the house. "So look at this bowl and try to control the water,"

Gage shoots Hudson a quizzical look before he too takes a seat. Gage takes a moment to breathe, shrugging his shoulders as he releases a large breath. He places his hand out in front of him like he was mimicking my actions earlier in the house. I watch carefully as he focuses on the liquid in the bowl. The water sits motionless as Gage twists his hand back and forth. I try not to stare too hard as his face starts to flush a light red color. Was he struggling with this?

"Calm down and focus," I whisper as I lean closer to him placing my hand on his shoulder for moral support. Gage needed to focus if he was going to figure this out. My body trembled at the fear of him not every being able to truly figure out his powers.

"Olyvya, I'm trying!" Gage snaps as he turns to me. Sammy and I jump in shock at his sudden aggression.

"Hey, I'm not here to fight you Gage, we are on the same team," I could hear my voice crack as I tried to convince him to back off. There was no reason for him to react this way.

"I can't do it," Gage slams his fist down on the table, the water in the fish bowl nearly splashing over the top from the force.

"You need to clear your mind, if you can't imagine the water moving, then it won't move. Maybe you can heat it up, freeze it, turn it into a gas immediately, or whatever, but if you can't imagine it happening then it never will," Hudson rubs circles on his knee with his finger as he watches Gage every move.

"How am I supposed to know which one I'm supposed to imagine then?' Gage softens as he hangs his head.

"Do whatever you feel inside," Hudson whispers, his voice soothing to the ear. Gage nods, closing his eyes for a quick moment before he looks up at the container in front of him. Holding his hand out once more he takes a deep breath before closing his eyes once again.

Soon after his eyes are shut the water begins to bubble as the molecules start to shake. The water was freezing. A thin sheet of ice forms on the top of the bowl as it continues to grow larger. Gage shakes as he tries to freeze all the water. He gasps as he finally releases his breathe, his lungs convulsing for more air.

Suddenly, the ice disappeared and the water returned to its liquid state right before everyone's eyes.