16

Peter's POV

"Peter, she's awake. I think you should go talk to her," Erica said. We've been at the hospital for about six hours now, and (Y/n) came about five hours ago. She's been trying to heal Bella, but it's not really doing anything.

We've been sitting against the wall outside of her room for the past four hours or so, and we had no word on Bella. Until now.

I got up and walked into the room, and the sight killed me. Bella was laying there, and she looked extremely weak and frail. I'd never seen her like this before. She was always happy and bubbly, and this was the exact opposite.

"Can we have a minute?" I asked Rosie and Joey, who were sitting in the chairs. They nodded and walked out.

"Peter.. what's happening?" Bella asked. It was so faint that I barely heard.

"You don't know?" I asked quietly, sitting in the chair next to her bed.

"Everything hurts.. I'm just trying to hold on," she said quietly. I reached out and grabbed her hand.

"Peter, I know that I'm not gonna be here much longer," she started.

"Don't say that," I said.

"Let me finish. I know you never loved me. You love (Y/n), and you have since day one. I loved you, Peter. I just didn't say anything because I wanted to spend as much time as I could with you. So please, don't do this to anyone else. Go get (Y/n)," Bella said, with her eyes closing. I felt tears brim my eyes.

"Don't you dare close your eyes, Bella," I said. She didn't budge. Suddenly, the heart monitor on the other side of her bed let out one long beep.

And with that, she was gone.

I felt nothing. Just empty. I walked out of the room and looked at Erica. With that look, she knew. She broke down in the hall, and Joey soon started. Rosie was never really one to show emotions, but at that moment she sobbed.

"Peter.. I'm so sorry," (Y/n) said. She was lightly crying. She didn't know Bella well, so I understood.

"I just.. need to be alone right now," I said. She let go of my shoulder and let me leave the building. I walked down the street, feeling nothing.

I just stared at the ground, until I found an alleyway that was empty. Giving up on walking, I ducked into it and sat down. That's when the tears came, and I just started sobbing.

"I've never met a Stacy, but if I do, I want her mom to have it goin' on," Bella said, walking through the office at PymTech.

"Bella! That is so inappropriate!" Erica yelled. I laughed at the sight, since Bella always said inappropriate shit like this.

I would miss her sarcastic remarks and references to 90's movies, and her red hair.

"Peter?" A voice asked. I looked up to see Ned at the entrance of the alley.

"Why are you here?" I asked, getting up.

"I was in the area and I saw you here. What's up, man?" He asked. I wiped my tears and walked with him.

"Bella, one of the 4 girls I met on the mission, died today," I said, emotionless.

"Dude, wasn't she your girlfriend?" Ned asked. Shit. Yeah, right. My girlfriend. How could I forget?

"Yeah," I said.

"God, dude. I'm so sorry. If you need anything, just let me know, okay?" Ned said. I nodded. We decided to just walk around for a while. Ned met Bella once or twice, but they weren't really close.