22

(Y/n)'s POV

"Come on guys! Is this really necessary?" I asked, as Ned dragged me to the baseball field.

"Yes. It's important to the high school experience!" Ned said. We were going to a baseball game for the school. I didn't even know our school had a team, to be honest.

"Is it really?" Peter asked.

"Yes!" Ned replied. Peter and I groaned as we climbed up the bleachers, sitting in the way back.

"Baseball isn't my sport, but we missed all the football games," Ned said randomly. I rolled my eyes and looked at Peter, who looked just as bored as I was.

I smiled and scooted closer to him, letting him put his arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder and watched the game.

Peter was sitting on the left, while I was in the middle, and Ned was on the right. Ned seemed too invested in the game to notice that we were completely ignoring him.

I suddenly got a call, so Peter took his arm off of me, with a groan. I picked up my phone to see that it was an unknown number. Curious, I answered it.

"Hello?"

"(Y/n) Stark."

"Who is this?"

"Do you not remember me? You ruined my life. Actually, my sorry excuse of a son did, but it was mostly you."

"What? Norman?" I asked. This caught attention of Peter and Ned.

"Yes, (Y/n). Why won't you just die already? I sent Venom on you. I sent Connors on you. I even sent Carnage on you. Just die already!" Norman yelled.

"It's a little harder than that, assweed. Call me when you're done being an immature piece of garlic bread!" I yelled, ending the call. That comment got a little more attention than expected, because a couple people were looking at me.

"Sorry," I said to them.

"What was that?" Ned asked. After winter break, we filled him in on everything.

"Norman. Calling from jail, I assume. He said that he sent Venom, Carnage, and Connors on me," I said.

"Wait wait wait. Carnage? That red thing attacking the city a couple weeks ago?" Peter asked. I froze. I forgot that I never told him about Carnage.

"Oh. Shit. I forgot to mention that. Uh, well, Venom reproduces asexually, and it creates symbiotes, which need a host to latch onto to live. Carnage was an offspring of Venom, and kind of latched onto me," I explained.

"Cool," Ned said. I shot him a glare.

"No! Not cool! Remember that week that I didn't go to school? It was because I was scared of the thing coming out. But, it's fine now, so we're good," I said.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me," Peter mumbled.

"Pete, it's all taken care of," I said.

"I know, but I just.. I just want to be there for you and help you," he said quietly.

"Peter. I love you," I said, kissing his cheek. He brightened up and looked normal again, instead of sad.

(Later, on the way home)

No one was able to pick me up from the game, so I decided to just walk home. Peter and Ned wanted to hang out at the comic store, but I just wanted to go home.

It was kind of a long walk, but if I cut through some alleyways it isn't that bad.

I was walking down the street when I turned into an alleyway, walking down it. There was a person there smoking a cigarette, but it just looked like a random lady.

I walked to the other side to see another busy street. I crossed it and turned into another alleyway. This one had a dead end, but I couldn't tell right when I walked in. Someone was in the alleyway.

"Hey," the person said. The voice sounded kind of familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Uh, hi? I should be going," I said, turning around. Suddenly, the person grabbed my wrist and spun me around. It was Ryan.

"Oh, hey Ryan," I said. His eyes were stone cold. With one swift movement he yanked me deeper into the alleyway. He put both of his hands on my shoulders and slammed me against the wall.

He moved his hands to my arms and pinned them there. He began to move in closer, and removed one of his hands on my arm. He moved it down to the waistband of my skirt.

Suddenly, he was flung to the other side of the alley. I looked up to see Spiderman, webbing him to a wall. He walked over to me when Ryan was all webbed up.

"Peter, thank you so much," I said, hugging him.

"So you're cheating on me with him now?" He asked, pushing me off of him.

"What?" I asked.

"I come in here just doing my duty and see him all up on you. And you let it happen," he spat. He turned around and looked at me, and I think the hurt look on my face told him everything. He softened and hugged me, but this time I pushed him off.

"Seriously Peter? This guy was close to taking advantage of me and you think I'm cheating on you?" I yelled. With that, I turned around and ran out of the alley. I didn't care who saw me at this point, I just wanted to be home. I flew up and quickly flew back to Avengers tower.

I burst in through the front door, ignoring people yelling at me for slamming it. With tears streaming down my face, I sped into my room and closed the door.

I cannot believe that that just happened. I could've gotten... let's not think about that.

I closed the drapes on the door to the balcony. I knew Peter would probably try and talk to me, but I did not want to see him. I locked the door to the balcony and then locked my own door. The room was dark.

I sat on my bed, plugged in my earbuds, and just cried.

The whole situation was horrible. I was scared, upset, and sickened. Something terrible could've happened. My phone dinged a lot, but I just ignored it. Well, until it was so annoying that it interrupted one song eight times.

Peter 💓: please y/n

Peter 💓: i'm so sorry

Ned: hey y/n, are you okay?

Ned: peter told me what happened. he's really torn up

Ned: well, that doesn't matter. what matters is that you're alive and not hurt

Peter 💓: y/n

Peter 💓: please

Peter 💓: i love you

The texts just made me cry even more. I heard people knock on the door, but I just ignored them. Thank god it was Friday, so I had the weekend to get over this. Plus, we had Monday off. I could survive 4 days. And then spring break was after those four days.

I can do this. I wiped my tears and got up, taking off my makeup. I put my hair in a messy bun and changed into some pajamas. I then laid down and turned on the tv, flipping through the channels. News about Spiderman, news about the Avengers, aha! Jaws! Perfect movie to take my mind off of things.

I fell asleep to the movie, and had a dreamless sleep. Thank god. I didn't need any horrible dreams. My day was rough enough already.

(a/n: sorry this chapter took so long to put out! i had major writer's block lol. thank you guys for 2k reads!! 🧚‍♀️💕)