)5(

Today was the day of the academic decathlon. Peter had showed up at the bus right as they were getting ready to board, hoping he could still have his spot. He wanted to go to DC so he could track the guy with the wing suit. When he got to the bus Flash was angry he was joining again but that was the only struggle. Peter got on the bus with Ned then went to the back to sit together.

When the boys made it to the back they saw a foot sticking out from the very back seat. They set there stuff down then Peter leaned over the seat to see who it was. He was surprised to find Zaylee laying in the seat using her backpack as a pillow while she read. "Zaylee?" Ned said when he saw the girl.

She looked up from her book and looked at the confused boys staring at her. "Oh hey guys." She said then continued to read. "Uhm what are you doing here?" Peter asked. He was curious but he also wanted to keep the conversation going. "Oh Lizs mom wants me to join next year. So she convinced the school to let me come on this trip to see the finals." She explained.

"Hey Peter, Ned. We're going to practice right now. You can talk later." They heard Liz say from the front of the bus. So the boy left Zay to her reading and went to the front to practice with the team. Near the end of the practice time Peter got a call from Happy Hogan. While he was taking the call everyone decided to take a quick break.

Peter saw Flash stand up from his seat and walk back by Zaylee. He sat in the seat across from her. Zaylee didn't even look up from her book. "You're Zaylee right?" He asked. Peter already knew he was going to start flirting with her.

"Yep." She replied without looking up from her book. "What are you a reading?" He asked trying to start a conversation with her. She sighed and closed her book. She sat up seting it down next to her. "Well I was reading a really good book." She groaned. Flash didn't seem to notice. Peter kept watching to see where this was going.

"You're really pretty." Flash stated as he leaned against the seat trying to look cool. Zaylee rolled her eyes. "That's cool." She said plainly. Ned and Peter couldn't help but sniker at what the girl had said. Zay looked up hearing them. She rolled her eyes again, this time playfully.

"So where did you move from?" He asked. I Zaylee sighed once more and looked at him right in the eyes. "Flash you seem like a uhm, cool guy. But I've heard of you and I'm just not interested. So why don't you dash back up to your seat." She said and waved him off.

All of the boys mouths fell open. No one had ever treated Flash like that. He wasn't used to being rejected. So he stood without a word and walked back to his seat. Once he was gone Peter took his spot and Ned sat right infront of Zaylee.

"That was awesome." Ned exclaimed and Zay giggled. "What he seemed like a narcissistic douche." She shrugged. Peter laughed. "You just met him and you already have him figured out." Peter smiled. Zay let a smile escape her lips as she tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. The three friends talked the rest of the way to Washington. Peter couldn't help it but his crush on the girl grew.

———

Peter and Ned had tracked the guy with the wing suit when they had gotten to their hotel. Now peter was leaving his hotel room when he bumped into liz. He looked behind her and saw all of his teammates. In the very back of the group was Zaylee.

"Hey peter we're going down to the pool. You should come. I heard that doing something rebellious before a competition is good for team morale. You should come." She said then started to sneak off with the group.

As Zaylee walked by she playfully bumped his shoulder. "She heard that one in a ted talk." She smiled. "That doesnt really look like your scene." Peter remarked. "How would you know what my scene is Parker?" She smirked childishly then continued to walk to the pool with her towel wrapped tightly around her shoulders.

Peter smiled as he walked away from the girl and hopped onto the roof. He liked it when she bumped him. Every time they touch he gets butterfly's.

Peter made it to the roof of the hotel and started to put on his suit. From his spot on the roof he had a clear view through the glass ceiling over the pool. He saw Liz on the edge of the pool talking to everyone as they swam around her. Peter looked around for Zaylee until he saw her in the hot tub with Michelle reading. Peter chuckled.

Zay looked up from her book every once in a while and searched around the pool area. It was like she was looking for someone. Peter thought maybe she could be looking for him. But he quickly changed his mind when he realized a pretty girl like Zay would never fall for him.