)10(

School had just been like any other normal day for Zaylee. Except today Peter seemed to be looking at her more. It was as if he wanted to say something to her but he never did. After school Zaylee didn't have any work so she decided to put on her "superhero" outfit and fight crime.

Well at least that was her plan. She just walked around town in the shadows or on top of buildings. Nothing was going on in the town. Zaylee was about to give up and go home when she heard someone scream.

Zay didn't think that anything would actually happen. Now that something was happening she was worried. She had only done whatever this was once before. And it backfired because of Spider boy.

Using her magic she shot it at the ground and sped to where the scream come from. When she got there she was horrified. A small apartment building was on fire. On the top floor there was a woman in the window. "Help please. My children are up here!"

A crowd formed around the burning down building. Some were calling the police but other then that they were just staring. Zaylee pushes through the group until she was in front of the building. Almost being scortched by the flames.

Holding out her hands water spewed out of her hands on to the flames. Gasps were heard around her. She saw people running out of the building but not the mother and her children. "Is there anyone still on the top floor?" She asked someone that had run out of the building.

"The stair case was full of fire from the third floor and up. Everyone is out but if they were on the forth floor they wouldn't have been able to get out." The woman explained. Zaylee cursed under her breath. She stopped spraying water on the building and instead made and ice ramp. The ramp took her up to the top floor of the building. Right to the window where the screaming woman had been.

She stood on her ice outside of the window while people watched in awe. Climbing through the window she started coughing because of the smoke. She looked around the room, the smoke making it hard for her to see. Eventually she found the woman to two little girls huddled in the corner.

Zaylee sped over to the and touched the woman's shoulder. She looked up shocked and scared. Tears streamed down her face. "Ma'am I'm here to help. Just take my hand. The woman looked hesitant but took the young girls hand. The mother grabbed her children and walked through the burning room to the window.

Zaylee stuck her top half out the window and held her hands out. Ice shot out all the way to the ground. The building started to shake causing Zaylee the stubble a bit. But she continued. Soon the ice made it to the window. The ice formed a slide like tube so the family could get out safe.

Zaylee turned around to the two little girls who looked scared out of their minds. But also curious about what she had just made. "You guys like slides don't you?" She asked the girls. They nodded. "Of course you do. Who doesn't? Well there's a slide out there that you guys and your mommy get to slide down." The girls smiled.

Zay looked up to the mother who looked like she was about to faint. "It's alright. Just slide down and you'll be fine." She said putting a hand on the woman's arm. She nodded then took the children to the window.

The family slowly crawled out of the window was the building continued to shake. This time cracking noises were heard. "You need to go now!" Zaylee raised her voice. The mother held her children close as she slid down. The onlookers screamed and they slowly slide down.

Once the family made it to the bottom the got off the slide and walked backwards looking at the building about to crumble. Zaylee climbed into the window ledge as the building violently shook. Many people gasped.

She set her foot on the slide but almost fell from the shaking. She could see pieces of the building falling around her. Zaylee set her foot on the ice but she heard a cracking noise. Looking down she saw that the ice had started to crack.

Worry flooded Zaylees mind. She had never been in a situation this crazy. She held her hand out and tried to fix the slide. Nothing happened. She cursed. Her magic decides not to work when she needed it the most. She assumed it was the anxiety.

The teen girl felt the building start to crumble beneath her so she did the only logical thing. Jump.

She jumped out of the window and a scream escaped her lips as it escaped the onlookers too. The ground was approaching fast and she feared her life would come to and end. Fear caused her to close her eyes. When zay was about to hit the concrete she felt a force pull her upward.

Opening her eyes she saw she was flung upwards. She screamed and looked around. On her waist was a web. Looking over to the closest building was Spider-Man.

Zaylee started to fall towards the boy. She closed her eyes yet again praying that the hero would catch her. She felt a thud but not a painful one. Opening her eyes she saw that she was in the arms of Spider-Man.