)8(

Zaylee walked off the bus with Liz by her side. On the bus ride home the girls had sat next to each other. After what happened they wanted to just be with each other for a while. But Zaylee also avoided Peter because she was mad at him for what he did.

"I'm so glad you girls are alright." Zaylees aunt cried as the girls walked over to her in the school parking lot. She hugged the girls tight. The family walked to the car and drove off. They dropped Zaylee off at her apartment and she thanked them for the ride.

Zaylee walked up the fire escape to her room. She plopped onto the bed and fell sleep.

The next day at school zaylee walked to her locker avoiding everyone. Not like anyone was actually going to talk to her though. She went to her first hour seeing Peter at their shared desk. She sighed and sat down next to him.

"Hey." Peter said looking up from his text book as she sat down. Zaylee gave him a small smile before getting out her notebooks. Peter could tell something was off with the girl. "Are you alright?" He asked concerned. She nodded without even looking at him. Peter sighed.

"How are your hands healing?" He asked motioning to the bandages on her hand. Her face scrunched up in confusion for a second. How could he know that her hands were cut? Her face went back to normal when she thought he probably saw them on the bus or heard from someone. "Fine."

Peter sighed yet again. He wanted to say something else but the teacher walked in starting class.

When the bell finally rang Zaylee rushed out of the room. Peter ran after her. "Zaylee wait!" He yelled. The girl groaned as she came to a stop. "Hey are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong?" He asked when she turned to face him.

"Yes peter. You did do something wrong. Where were you in DC? Liz was counting on you. You knew how important this was for her." Zaylee didn't care about many people. But when she did if you hurt them you were going down. "I-I'm Sorry." He stuttered. "I don't need your apology. I wasn't the one counting on you." She said before walking off to her next class.

Peter groaned and hit a locker. The two girls he had crushes on he let down. But right now he really just cared about what Zaylee thought. Because he was starting to come to the conclusion he just wanted to be friends with Liz. But he still didn't know for sure. Peter went to his next class knowing he would have to apologize to Liz.

They bell had rung and the school day was now over. Peter ran to Liz to apologize while Zaylee ran out of the school. Today she had a shift at the store 20 minutes after school ended so she had to hurry. Zaylee made it to the store with just enough time to change into her work uniform.

Walking behind the register, Zaylee heard the bell jingle as someone walked into the store. Zaylee turned to greet them "May!" Zaylee smiled seeing her friend. "Oh hi sweetie how have you been?" May asked the young girl. "I mean could be better." Zaylee shrugged.

They caught up on events that had happened while they hadn't seen each other. But Zaylee left out the part about DC. "Zaylee how would you like to come over to my place for dinner tonight?" May asked.

Zaylee smiled. "I'd love that." "Great! Heres my address." May wrote it down in a piece of paper then slide it over to the teen. "You know I have a nephew that lives with me that's about your name. His name is - oh." May had noticed a woman standing behind her waiting to checkout. "Well I better get to shopping, see you tonight." Zaylee smiled and waved as she walked away to do her shopping.

When Zay got home she cleaned herself up and got out of her work clothes. She slipped on a baby blue romper and pulled her hair up into a curly ponytail with a white scrunchy. Once she was clean up she pulled out the address and was on her way. She made sure to leave dinner out for her dad for when he got home.

Zaylee found the building that May lived in. She walked up to her apartment then knocked on the door. "Just a minute!" Zaylee heard May yell from inside. "My hands are full can you get the door?" Zaylee heard quieter. May must be talking to her nephew.

The door handle turned and the door opened. "Hi I'm-Zaylee!?" Zaylee was surprised to find Peter standing at the door. "Peter?" Behind Peter, Zaylee saw May walking to the door. "So it looks like you two know each other." May said smiling.

"Oh uhm." Zaylee was about to say something when Peter cut her off. "Oh ya we're friends from school." He said smiling at May. Zaylee rolled her eyes then smiled at May too. "Well come on in dinners ready. I made Ravioli." She smiled motioning for Zaylee to walk in.

Dinner was pretty quiet. May and Zaylee spoke but Peter didn't engage in the conversation. When he did Zaylee would stop talking. "Hey May would it be fine if Zaylee came to my room to help me finish some homework?" Peter asked once all the food was gone. "Oh of course. You too kids have fun while I clean up." May replied talking my Zaylees plate.

"No I should clean up. You made the food." Zaylee said standing up reaching for the plates. "No. I wanted to have you over. I can clean up. Now run along." She smiled and started to clean.

Zaylee turned around to face peter. He scratched the back of his neck and gave an awkward smile. "Right this way." He motioned toward his bedroom.

The teens walked into the room and Zaylee looked around. He had a bunk bed against the wall next to the window. Against another wall
was his desk. "What did you need help with?" She asked. Peter sighed and sat down on his bed. "I didn't need help with homework I wanted to talk to you." He said.

Zaylee sighed then sat down next to him. Peter had thought when he said that she would just leave. So he took the chance and spoke.

"I apologized to Liz today after school. I know what I did in D.C wasn't cool. It was a real dick move. But I apologized and Liz said she was alright. So um are we-" Peter blabbed on but Zaylee cut him off. "Peter, all I wanted you to do was apologize and talk to her. You did. So we're fine." She smiled at him. He let out a breath of relief.

"Well I better get going. We have school tomorrow." She said getting up. Peter walked her out of the room. "Bye May Thank you for dinner." She thanked May when they walked by the kitchen. "No problem. Come over anytime." She smiled.

Peter continued to walked her to the front door. She opened it and looked back at the boy. "Bye Parker." She smiled and waved. "Bye Allen." He said using her last name just like she had.

The girl closed the door then started on her way home. Peter was curious about where the girl lived. So he decided to do the most rational thing which was to follow the girl as Spider-Man. "Hey May I'm going to bed. Night!" He called to his aunt. "Night!" She yelled back.

He went to his room and got in his suit. He made sure his bedroom door was locked before he jumped out the window.