Ch. 2: is it normal..?

Monika POV:

It's been a couple months since I've restored everyone's files. The player and I haven't talked much since then..

I haven't told the rest of the girls about my..abilities yet.

They've all been acting accordingly.
Natsuki..tsundere
Sayori..Happy and precious

All except for Yuri. Yuri has been acting strange. Especially around me, I don't know why, she's never like this.

She has been quiet and shy around me..
I wonder why..?

-Time skip-

Yuri asked if she could walk home with me today. I approved of course. I may be popular at school and I don't get to spend as much time with her as I usually do, but that doesn't mean she's still not my best friend. It seemed like she was extremely happy when I accepted. Overly happy. She was never like this before... maybe she just misses hanging out with me?

I thought about that along the walk.  I shouldn't shut her off. I'll spend more time with her. Yeah..that'll make her happy! 

It was quite warm outside but not too warm. The absolute perfect wether. She was quiet so I tried to make conversation.

"So Yuri, what have you been up to?" I looked at her smiling

"A-ah..well..I don't have much to do..
b-besides read and..well..read more.."

The Yuri I know would have at least giggled after that. There's definitely something wrong.

But I won't bring it up.

"Well you know, you can always come over to my house! I really do want to spend more time with you Yuri, we are best friends after all. It just seems like you've been sad that we don't hang out..and... well... I did pick up on that and I want you to know that I'm here for you. If you ever need to talk, knock on my window outside my room and I'll let you in and talk with you! I'm sorry that I haven't been the best friend lately and I'd like to apologize for that. You always listen to me but I...I never listen to you. I need to work on that, because you're my best friend and I don't want something so small and stupid to break our friendship apart."

Yuri stopped in her tracks and stared at me..blushing? Why was she blushing..?

Oh no. I said something wrong didn't I?

"M-Monika..I.. I.."

She embraced me so tight I almost couldn't breathe. Why did that make me so happy? I felt in that very moment that nothing else mattered but us. I could just..stay there and hug her forever, anything I could do to comfort her I would.

Normal friends have these feelings right?
Is..is it possible..that I..? could like Yuri..?

No. My dad would beat the shit out of me if I did like her.

She let go of me smiling. I couldn't help but smile too.

I took her hand.

Was that a normal friend thing?

I saw her face brighten, it made the blood rush to my cheeks. Why am I having these feelings..? Ah..I shouldn't question it. All that mattered in that moment were me and her.

We continued walking home