Chapter 5: The Nightmare

Monika Pov:

My head is pounding
I jolt up from my sleep in a cold sweat, tears run down my face, one after another. I move my hand next to me.

Empty.

Oh god. Yuri, she's gone. I jump out of bed, my arms are bloody and stinging with pain. I looked down and the knife was at my feet. I'm so confused...did I..? How did..what...?

I continue moving. The room was dark. My head continues to rip at my skull.
Boom. Boom. Boom. There is no end. There is no beginning.

I chose to ignore the pain. It is impossible.  I turn the door knob, leading out into the hall.

If feels like I have a second heart in my chest. Pounding.  Beating so loud it's the only thing I can hear over the cold dead silence. It's impossible to ignore. My arms continues to bleed. I cry harder, it hurts so much...

I continue to walk out of the room. Why in the world is everything so dark? It's so dead silent, it's ominous. It feels abandoned, cold, and scary. It feels like someone died here or something. Ahaha..silly monika..that would never happen.

The adrenaline is still pumping through my veins. I can almost taste the fear welling up in my chest, like a swirling storm about to make landfall. I can taste it in my head. I can taste in my chest. I can taste it in my mouth. In my mouth? Oh wait..No no no that's just blood.

Wait.

BLOOD??! 

I put my finger in my mouth and take it out. My finger is engulfed in a red substance with a neon blue substance mixed in as well. Oh god, anything but that stuff..where is everyone..? It's so silent? Are they sleeping..? Why do I feel so alone...?

I run down the seemingly endless hall. I practically smash down the first bedroom door I see as if I'm in a life or death situation. Which I'm not.

I scream yet it seems like I didn't make any noise.

"SAYORI!!" she was..she was...hanging form the ceiling. I almost jumped out of my skin and cried as hard as I could at the same time. The walls started to cave in. This can't be real. For just a millisecond, everything goes black. For just a second I felt what it felt like to be physically ripped apart. I felt death.

The very faint light came back on, I wish it didn't... I would rather die than see sayori like this.

Millions of voices started to whisper, each of the words picking off my skin, piece by piece.  "You did this" "it's your fault" "you're no use" "nothing is real"

My eyes become a waterfall. I could say nothing but I'm Sorry over and over and over... I fall to my knees. It seems like an eternity then Sayori's phone pings. It takes me a minute but I read the text. It's Natsuki?  I'm suddenly wrenched backwards into the wall. Back into the darkness, the code, and my horrible disgusting thoughts. I start falling. I fall face forward and face plant onto the floor. I look up. 

I'm in...oh.. God I'm back in..THE lab.. The one where I..Yuri and I.. I can't say. I run into the divided yet giant lab room.

Two chairs. Torture devices all over.
One filled with knives and other sharp tools. The other, with a single syringe filled with a neon blue glowing substance on a table in front of the chair. I black out for about two seconds.

My eyes open to Yuri screaming as men in coats take knifes and are pointing them at her. She's strapped in the chair, helpless. She screaming for help. Even though she knows no one will help. No one can hear.  Something inside me just clicked. I screamed and the divider cracked. It cracked until it shattered to the floor. The glass cut me but I didn't care. All I cared about was getting Yuri away. She doesn't deserve to go through this again.

"YURI!! YURI!!!! IM HERE!!"
The men grabbed me and started to drag me out of the room, the last thing I saw was them stabbing her repeatedly in the chair. I counted. 28 stab wounds.

"I'm sorry..."

I'm helpless. I'm useless. I can't do anything. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING. NOTHING MATTERS. I DONT MATTER. IM NOT REAL. NOTHING IS REAL. NOTHING IS REAL. NOTHING IS REAL. NOTHING IS REAL. YURI. YURI. YURI. YURI. YURI! YURI!!!

"MONIKA!!!" My eyes jolt open, full of tears. I see Yuri leaning over me, she looks horrified. We are both speechless. I simply pull her down on me and start to silently cry my eyes out as she rubs my back whispering things in my ear.

——
Sorry I haven't updated in a while guys, school is stressful and my birthday was on August 30th, so it's pretty cool. 😎.

What do you think Monika's dream was about? (•ิ_•ิ)?

I'm working on the next chapter. It's a special one so I'm probably going to break it into two parts. Maybe. But I will work on it as soon as I publish this chapter. :).

Remember, Yurika reins supreme.