017

A Woman's Heart, A Needle at the Bottom of the Ocean

The new winter clothes were distributed out in the fu. The servants found that this year's clothes, while made of the same cloth as in the past, were much thicker. Each person also got an extra robe. Everybody was cheerful, and thought that this fu was certainly different now that a mistress arrived. Even their living conditions, as servants, increased.

Xiao Gan Zi's hand held the little things that the people underneath him gave, a smile on his face as he said to the little eunuch beside him: "Look at the happy faces of everybody, it's like new year's." He knew the truth inside. This wang fu looked golden and wealthy, but the servants at the very bottom only just managed to fill their hunger. If they were compared to the servants that were of significance to their masters, it was the difference between the sky and the ground. No wonder these people were so happy when they received a little bit of goodness.

"It's just that wang fei is benevolent and that brother and the two main stewards are good managers," the little eunuch carefully fawned from beside him, "The last few days, the stewards were punished by wang fei, but they didn't get angry, and became obedient. Now, this entire fu, who would make things difficult on purpose for those below them?"

"They're nothing. If wang fei wants to punish them, they should accept it. Even if she wanted their lives, they could only rage that their luck isn't good," Xiao Gan Zi said and looked at the eunuch in front of him, "You're one of my subordinates, remember that the decision-maker of this residence is wang fei. If you do stupid things, then don't blame brother for not protecting you."

"Don't worry, brother, don't worry," The little eunuch received Xiao Gan Zi's warning and said in gratitude, "I will listen to brother's words and definitely will not do stupid things."

Xiao Gan Zi nodded in satisfaction. Even if he wasn't relied on as much as Qian Chang Xin and Ming He, he was still one of those relied on by wang ye. Presently, wang ye was clearly desiring to support wang fei. Wang fei was like a storm. Those actions had been so fast, he hadn't managed to recover yet.

What warning, what talk before the battle, all that wasn't used. It was first a storm of beating, to frighten people and then things became much easier. Those people had thought that wang fei would be constrained by wang ye's way of doing things, even he had thought so, so when the event had occurred, he had found an excuse to get out of the fu to avoid the storm. Who knew that wang fei directly punished the people, not even notifying wang ye. After wang ye resided another night at zhengyuan, he had energetically went to court the second morning. He just knew that this incident had allowed Qian Chang Xin and Ming Heto  get a big freebie.

Not as skilled as others, no wonder those two were most influential with wang ye. Xiao Gan Zi sighed, he had a long way to go to be as clever. Even if he couldn't compete against the pair of Qian and Ming, at the very least, he had to make sure to not let others take over his position.

Inside the gardens of the wang fu, Huang Yan hurriedly walked. A maid with a sweet face came over and kept on yelling "Brother Huang Yang", blocking him on the path.

Huang Yang was irritated inside but asked in a normal voice: "This little sister, is there something?"

The little maid didn't dare accept his label of "sister". In the past, it wouldn't have matter, but now, who in this fu didn't know that he was the eunuch that wang fei relied on the most? She smiled, refusing the title, and said: "Brother Huang Yang, my mistress has been sick these past days, the doctor was called but didn't help. Please help my mistress by saying a few good words in front of wang fei, and get wang fei to send an invitation to the Imperial Hospital?" Finishing, she tried to push a pouch into Huang Yan's hand.