Chapter 55

Chapter Fifty Five
Fortune and Misfortune

Qu Qing Ju didn't know what kind of feelings He Heng had towards He Ming as his didi, but she felt that it wasn't to the point of indifference. Qu Qing Ju was only certain that his desire to see He Ming recover and regain a healthy body seemed sincere.

The items on her list weren't extremely rare but they were certainly valuable and definitely suitable for He Ming's consumption. She placed the paper aside to dry before standing up, "After two more days, si shu will be back in Jing. Wang ye shouldn't worry too much."

"I remember, when I was younger and living in the palace, I used to play with si di for a long time. But when the schoolwork started increasing, our interactions gradually lessened," He Heng started to reminiscence about the past. Even though he was not as important as He Yuan in fuhuang's eyes, He Heng was still treated much better compared to He Qi. Out of his four brothers, the most neglected one was He Ming, "As we grew up over the years, the feelings have diminished, but we're still brothers so there is some lingering camaraderie."

Back then, right after si di had been born, it wasn't known what Shu guifei had said to fuhuang which made him start to neglect si di and si di's birth mother. No other imperial children were born after that. Perhaps his romantic of a father had promised something to Shu guifei. But whatever had happened between his father and Shu guifei wasn't that important to He Heng.

He Heng didn't really have much thoughts and feelings towards his fuhuang. He was just a silly man. Otherwise, the Da Long Dynasty wouldn't be currently showing slight signs of decay instead of prosperity.

Qu Qing Ju saw that He Heng's face held disdain. She stared for a beat and then understood. No one would be happy to have a father who treated his children like the Emperor did, "The feelings between two people in childhood are probably the purest."

"Qing Ju's words hit me at my heart," He Heng smiled but didn't want to discuss what occurred in the past. He remarked, "Lao san added a ce shi to his fu. It's not some major event, but our fu should send a gift."

Lao san had been quite sneaky, and hadn't properly notified his brothers. But as his gege, it was only proper that he paid attention.

Qu Qing Ju felt that He Heng didn't have any good intentions. Clearly, the Emperor had already expressed dissatisfaction towards He Yuan for taking a qie. But he just had to say it was a happy occasion. Was it really good to stick a knife in his brother like this?

"The day after he took the qie, I had someone deliver a gift," Thinking about how she felt  when the news first reached her ears, Qu Qing Ju couldn't resist sighing, "My maternal family is becoming more and more unpresentable. A di noble daughter of a duke going to become a ce fei of a wang fu, and it wasn't even because someone in the palace had made the match. It's such a laughing stock."

"Why worry over such minor things? You are my wife, therefore you are of my Duan Wang Fu. How Chang De Gong Fu acts has no connection to you," Assuming that Qu Qing Ju would feel bad because of such a thing, He Heng reiterated his thoughts, "You are you, Chang De Gong Fu is Chang De Gong Fu, I won't confuse the two."

Qu Qing Ju saw his face was serious and understood that his words were mostly sincere. At least, he seemed genuine at this moment. And if his attitude somehow changed in the future, well, that wasn't something she could control, "Wang ye treats me well, I know." Leaning her head on acthis shoulder to disguise the calm in her eyes, "Like I said before, being able to marry wang ye was my good fortune."

The women who married He Heng and He Ming would be slightly more fortunate than the other two He brothers. He Qi's wife would be forced to become an obedient steward. Marrying He Yuan would most likely be the biggest challenge in any woman's life.