020

Peerless

For the first time, Qu Qing Ju focused on this servant called Ban Xia. Other than her disheveled state, her appearance was rather pretty. Large eyes, curved brow. When she spoke, there were hints of two dimples on her cheek. She looked innocent and adorable. If it wasn't that she personally had heard the brutality she exhibited when she had just spoken, Qu Qing Ju wouldn't have believed that she would say those things.

"This garden has other people, what sort of conduct is yelling and screaming?" Mu Jin look coldly over the kneeling servants and then looked at Ban Xia, "Lady Ban Xia is very brazen, when was it that you could discuss the actions of wang ye and wang fei?"

When Ban Xia saw Qu Qing Ju, she had felt slightly afraid. But seeing Mu Jin's proud posture and remembering when they had both been maids, Mu Jin had been proud because she had been most favoured by wang fei, she couldn't bear it anymore. She was just one maid of wang fei's entourage, how dare she lecture others?

"It's not little sister who is brazen, but sister Mu Jin who has become more bold," Ban Xia pushed aside the tangle of hair by her face, "No wonder these lowly servants are rushing to fawn over you, it is really 'one person achieves immortality, dogs and chickens fly to Heaven.'"

Hearing this, Qu Qing Ju raised an eyebrow. She held Jin Zhan's hand to sit down at a nearby stone table. She didn't want to start arguing with a tong fang.

"Lady Ban Xia's mouth has become sharper, but this conduct is even more shameful," Mu Jin wasn't angry and smiled thinly, "Tong fang Ban Xia disregarded the rules of the fu, disobeyed her superiors, thirty slaps."

When Mu Jin finished, one of the mamas that had been kneeling on the ground hurriedly stood and gushed: "Mu Jin guniang, please move back a few steps. Don't let something dirty spill onto you." Finishing, she turned and gave Ban Xia a slap on the face.

"Wang fei, you are evil, I ... ..."

Another maid quickly climbed up from the ground and stuffed a handkerchief into her mouth. She grabbed the tangle of hair to reveal Ban Xia's entire face to ease the way for the mama's blows.

Qu Qing Ju started at the patterns of the stone table with half-lidded eyes. She listened to the sound of flesh being hit and used a handkerchief to wipe her hands. She drawled: "You are just a tong fang but you are so arrogant. Where did you get the courage?" She raised her head and pierced Ban Xia with her gaze, "Or is it that my past leniency made you forget your bounds, to dismiss protocol to the point of carelessly discussing your superiors? You might not have been born to a rich family, but you were born to a clean one. To be this disrespectful, you shame your parents!"

Ban Xia's mouth was stuffed but hearing Qu Qing Ju mention her family, she gave a muffled protest before quieting down.

"That's enough. We don't want to ruin a pretty face," Qu Qing Ju took away her gaze. The slaps stopped, "Tong fang Ban Xia disobeyed her superiors. Her punishment is to work in the laundry rooms." Stopping there, she looked at Ban Xia, "You don't have to try to find wang ye, I will personally tell him about this."

Mu Jin glanced at wang fei before turning to speak to the maids and mams: "Go help Lady Ban Xia pack her luggage and deliver her to the laundry room worker residence. Make sure not to burden Lady Ban Xia."

"Don't worry, Mu Jin guniang, we will take good care of Lady Ban Xia," The mama who had delivered the slaps said. After bowing to Qu Qing Ju with the rest, she dragged the still silenced Ban Xia away.