Chapter 96

The news that the Empress was pregnant quickly travelled from the hougong to the court. On the second day, many officials' wives sent congratulatory messages to the rear hall of Tian Qi Palace, expressing the joy the entire court felt towards the pregnancy of the Empress.

Qu Qing Ju carelessly flipped open a note. The main idea was that the entire court heard that the Empress was pregnant and couldn't contain their joy, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep and had to write of their joy, and wrote a whole pile of good wishes before finishing with greetings to the Empress Dowager, Emperor, Empress etc etc

The content of the messages weren't different, but what they expressed was the same. It was, us common people, we're happy today.

Qu Qing Ju knew that the people had been keeping watch over her belly. If she gave birth to a son, it was the di eldest son. In the future, even if the other feipin had children, they couldn't shake the eldest son's position.

Thinking of her body now which was only sixteen, and was raising another little life, she felt complicated. And then she couldn't help but have another bowl of rice.

The Empress Dowagers of the two palaces had already let the servants deliver a whole pile of useful and useless things over. Especially Empress Dowager Wei. She seemed to want to stuff the rear hall of Tian Qi Palace full, sending over pile after pile of stuff. Qu Qing Ju started to wonder if Empress Dowager Wei still had anything left in her personal stores.

"Empress, Jin An Princess had someone send congratulatory gifts into the palace," Huang Yang held a list as he entered which he gave into Qu Qing Ju's hand. "Her Highness Princess Royal also said to wait until the flower banquet tomorrow to have a good chat with you."

Qu Qing Ju flipped the list. The things listed avoided stuff that might cause trouble. It could be seen that Jin An Princess Royal had the intentions to become closer but was worried of getting into trouble. Putting the list to one side, Qu Qing Ju smiled, "Go tell the messenger, say that ben gong will remember and to let Jin An Princess come early tomorrow."

Jin An Princess Royal and her, originally it had been half friendship, half beneficial. The way they interacted now, it was the best. Jin An Princess Royal might be female, but Qu Qing Ju felt that she was very decisive in her conduct. When she had separated from the Count of Bei Lu, she was unhesitating and didn't show any weakness. In the end, she had protected the reputations of the princess of the Imperial House, and captured titles for her children. In reality, if the Princess Royal and the Count of Bei Lu hadn't separated, her children might not have the same rank as they did now.

After that, Jin An Princess expressed goodwill to He Heng and clearly distanced herself from lao da and lao san's family. The action seemed reckless, but it was much easier to obtain the good opinion of He Heng that way. No one liked people who backstabbed. In the very end, Jin An Princess' step was right. Now, she was the most free, most important princess, the Princess Royal, of all of xiandi's daughters. Even if she didn't have a fuma now, who in Jing would underestimate her?

A woman as skilled as her, it was no wonder that an emperor as unjust as Qing De Emperor was soothed by her to not care about traditions and make her the Princess Royal. Even Qu Qing Ju herself didn't think she could do as well.

"Empress, Cheng Wang Fu sent gifts."

"Empress, the Duchess of Zhong Yi sent gifts."

Qu Qing Ju spent the whole morning looking at different lists. She sighed. It wasn't an insignificant number of officials' wives that were qualified to send gifts to her. She didn't know how much had been just placed into the stores without a word.

"Empress, Rui Wang Fu sent gifts."

The presents from Rui Wang Fu came relatively late. Qu Qing Ju had been preparing to use the noon meal when the people delivered it. She casually flipped open the list and was slightly shocked. Did Qin Bai Lu really prepare this for her? Thousand year ginseng, Tian Shan snow lotus, hundred year knotweed and so on. Things like cultivating bangles, and other valuable objects had been stuffed in. When she finished reading the list, Qu Qing Ju felt that Qin Bai Lu wouldn't be this good to her. Something along the line wasn't right.