[30]

3 days later
jennie's POV

"jennie!" namjoon snaps me out of my daydream. "hello?? are you listening?" i blink my eyes rapidly, looking at namjoon. "ah.. sorry.." i say as i take a bite of the milk ice cream that namjoon and i got. we were at the mall in an ice cream parlor.

"so.. what'd you say?" i ask, continuing to put spoonfuls of ice cream in my mouth. namjoon just glares at me. "hmm.. you haven't been acting yourself for the past few days.. what's up?" he rests his head on his arm, i give namjoon a dirty look with the spoon in my mouth.

"there's nothing wrong, what're you talking about?" i say, trying to act like there's nothing wrong when there really is. he sighs as he puts a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth.

"anyways.. wanna head over to the apartment? i think jin is making something for lunch today." he asks me, i start to remember what tae did a few days ago.. i didn't know whether to say yes or no because i didn't want to see him.

"well?"

"uh.. sure!" i quickly responded so he wouldn't suspect anything, his expression brightens up. "we'll go when we finish this." namjoon points at our ice creams with his spoon. i nod my head, agreeing to what he said.

we both got done with our ice creams so we started to head out of the ice cream parlor. as we were trying to find the exit, i saw two figures that looked familiar. one was a guy.. one was a girl, the guy seemed to look like taehyung from behind. ugh, i'm probably seeing things.

we headed out of the mall and went to namjoon's car. as we got in the car, he started the car engine.

wait.. i haven't even realized this since we got to the mall..

"NAMJOON WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DRIVING A CAR?!" i shout as he immediately presses on the breaks, he looks over at me with an angry expression. "chill out jennie! i just got my drivers license about a week ago!"

my jaw drops as he continues to drive. actually, he wasn't that bad at driving. "bang pd-nim enrolled me for drivers ed. that's why I've been asking jin to drive but of course he's gonna tell me no."

i nod my head as i say calmly, "oh."

the drive was about 15 minutes. most of it was silent, but.. i wanted to tell him about taehyung.

"namjoon oppa?" i say hesitantly, he hums as he presses on the break since the stoplight was red. "what's up?"

"taehyung and i got into a fight."

"why what happened?" he asks as the stoplight turns green, he continues to drive. i take in a deep breath since this was going to be hard to explain.

"has yoongi oppa told you what happened and why we were in the rain?" i ask, he gets silent for a minute and slowly nods his head. "yes, jennie. i think everyone knows because of irene."

"the fuck does irene have to do with this?" i quickly respond, the tone of my voice sounded angry. "apparently.. she showed a picture to taehyung.. that's what i heard."

the look on my face turns into the most disgusted expression. "i can't believe she
would— anyway.. i'm mad at him, he's mad at me.. end of story." i cross my arms, looking out the window because i didn't want to continue.

"we're here." namjoon says as he parks the car in the driveway, he gets out of the car so i also get out of the car. we headed to the front of their house, i walked at such a slower pace behind him because i didn't want to see tae after the incident that happened a few days ago.

i take a deep breath, going up to the front door as my brother unlocks the door. he gets inside first so then i follow behind him.

namjoon immediately takes his shoes off, i was focusing on taking my shoes off since they were a bit hard to take off. as i got done taking them off, i stood up and looked up..

the fuck?