°•○● 《Chapter 3》 ●○•°

"P-p-pet?!" I stammered as I moved my head back, away from his smirking face. What was he thinking?!

"Pet, personal assistant? Same difference! You can call yourself anything you like, either way you'll come wagging your tail whenever I call" Jungkook stated as he leaned back in his chair placing his legs on the table in the process. A wide grin was plastered on his face as he awaited my reply and quiet frankly I didn't know what to say.

I glanced at the file I had carried in for the interview. I picked it up and ruffled through it's contents until I found what I was looking for, my resume.

Without saying a word I handed the resumes to Jungkook in hopes that he had confused me for someone else with the same name that wanted to be his personal assistant. I watched him intently and to my surprise the grin on his face widened instead to disappearing.

He placed the papers into a trash bin that was lying beneath his desk before turning to me. "So you think I've mistaken you for someone else? You are L/N, F/N. Am I correct? If that's the case, then I should remind you that you also selected the check box that stated 'Would you like to be considered for any other positions that may fit your profile'?"

I nodded my head knowing too well that I did select that box in hopes that they would keep my resume for future openings.

Jungkook leaned towards me once more placing his elbows down on the desk. He raised his hands a bit so that he was able to rest his face in his palms.

"Given your background, being a personal assistant was the only job that matched your profile. You applied for the positions of Marketing Associate and Corporate Relations, right? Those jobs asked for at least a year of experience in a related field, which you have none of. Now tell me this Miss L/N, if your were in my position, would you hire someone like yourself?" Jungkook looked me directly in the eyes as he said that. I felt a chill run down my spine as he continued to watch me, it was like a predator playing with its prey before engulfing it in one mouthful like cheese!

I broke away from his piercing gaze and looked out the window. He was toying with me, I just knew it! He was probably just bored of all the interviews he had to conduct and thought that he'd have some fun with someone so inexperienced as me.

I took a deep breath in before locking my eyes with him and standing up. "I'm sorry to have wasted your time Mr. Je- ah I mean Jungkook. I know I'm not qualified, but I thought you would overlook my lack of work experience because I was highly educated... and also because of the fact that you hired people based on their looks and body... I thought since I didn't have a body, but I was smart that you would hire me, but I guess I was wrong. Sorry again for wasting your time and my own. I will take my leave then." I tried my best not to stutter as I bowed towards him and turned around to leave.

Suddenly, I felt someone grab my wrist and spin me around before slamming me against the wall.

"Listen, I'm the kind of guy that doesn't take no for an answer. So if you don't want to be barred from ever entering Jeon Enterprises or our affiliates I suggest that you be a good girl and take the job" Jungkook spat as his hands tightened around my wrists.

I tried to break free, but this kid had an iron grip on my wrist. Why was he doing this? Why me? Why did he want me to be his personal assistant? Why not one of the other girls?

I glanced back at Jungkook who seemed to understand what I was thinking. "You might be thinking why I want you of all people, right? Well that's because you have no connections and are not pleasing to the eyes. I mean you're not bad looking, but you're not someone attractive enough to cause the tabloids to create a ruckus. My father won't care for you much either. I won't have to throw you away and look for another after a month either. All in all, you're the perfect candidate for this job!" Jungkook exclaimed as he loosened his grip on my wrists.