°•○● 《Chapter 5》 ●○•°

Without saying another word, Jungkook tightened his grip on my shoulder and  dragged me away, ignoring the derogatory slurs the old man was directing towards me. I didn't know what to do or say at that moment. I was still in shock at his words. Why an earth did he say I was his fiance?!

When we got nearer to the car, Jungkook pushed me in before he got in behind me. I was still in a daze that I didn't even notice the car had started to move until Jungkook cleared his throat. 

 "You said you were okay with any job that matched your profile, right?" Jungkook asked as he faced me. His gaze was unwavering and I couldn't help but feel as if my knees would give way if I was standing. Was this how he was able to overpower others?

"Well?" He impatiently asked once more. I nodded my head, but did not say a word. 

"That's good, because I have another job for you now. You will act as my fiance and eventually marry me so that my father stops forcing me to go on all those marriage dates. If you refuse, you will be disobeying my orders as my assistant and owe me one billion won" he continued.

I widened my eyes in shock at what he had said, "One b-billion won?! What do you mean? Why would I owe you that?"

Jungkook chuckled to himself before he pulled out a folded piece of paper from his breast pocket. He handed me the paper and I read the highlighted portion aloud, "If said employee does not comply to the orders of Jeon Jungkook the said employee will owe at least one billion won or face an arrest"

Jungkook smirked while he yanked the paper away from my hands and placed it back in his breast pocket. "When we return to Seoul, I'll have you fill out the paperwork. You will have to move in with me as well, your brother Kai can't come because that will just make it suspicious. I mean what kind of woman moves into her man's house with her brother. But that being said, I will give Kai a house in a good neighborhood close to us just like I promised."

"Did you have all of this planned when we first met?" I asked as I moved away from him. Everything was just too odd about him, if he didn't have all of this planned out from the beginning then he was just plain lucky!

"I have... You see, I check all the applications by myself and yours was the only one that caught my attention. Unlike the rest, from reading your introduction I could tell you really needed a job. After I sent you that email inviting you in for an interview, I had Yoongi- ah I mean Yoonji noona to do a background check on you and she told me everything I needed to know" he emphasized the last part as he unbuckled his seat belt and moved closer to me. 

He leaned in close to me, causing me to lean back in my seat. Placing his index finger on my chin he leaned towards my ear, his lips purposly brushing against my neck and whispered, "I know you're in a desperate need for money and you would do anything for it. Isn't this a better option than having to sell yourself?" he muttered, causing a chill to run down my spine. 

I turned towards Jungkook and unbuckled my belt before dashing to the other side of the limo. Once I was far enough from him I turned and asked, "Isn't this illegal? Wouldn't you get in a lot of trouble if you're caught? For me it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal because I'm someone that is unknown to the public, but you're like a celebrity"

Jungkook smirked as he crossed his legs. I didn't know how he could act so carefree like that. He was literally going to lie to everyone and walk on thin ice, yet he's acting like its nothing. 

"Let's just say, you won't be able to lie so I have nothing to worry about. Once you are home, remember to pack- actually, I don't like what you wear. I'll have my servants bring some clothes for you and we'll skip taking you to your house. I don't want to have to deal with your brother as well, it'll be annoying if we have to explain everything to him before we go public" he muttered as he popped open a champagne bottle. 

~~

~~

"Sign here, initial there" Jungkook mumbled as he pointed to some lines on the contract. I didn't bother to read it because he was going to force me to sign it anyways. It wasn't a bad deal for me anyways, Kai gets to get a house in an good neighborhood and I get to live in a mansion.

"We sleep in different rooms right? This is all an act when we're in public, but when we go back home it'll be as if we're strangers, right?" I asked as I placed the pen down and handed him the contract. 

Jungkook nodded his head as he placed the contract in a blue envelope and sealed it before locking it in a safe. I guess there was no way I could steal it and burn it then?

"You are not too bad on the eyes, but you are definitely not my style" he muttered as he grabbed his suitcase and opened the door. I followed him out. Who would have thought that when I finally get a job I would get into a fake contractual marriage with my good looking boss who happened to be younger and richer than me? Life does have a way of surprising you when you least expect it, huh?

Just then I heard hurried footsteps heading our way followed by Jungkook being slammed to the ground by Kai.

"KAI! GET OFF HIM!" I screamed as I tried to pull him off off of Jungkook who was taken by surprise. 

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU? THIS GUY WAS NO GOOD! WHY ARE YOU MARRYING HIM!" he screamed back at me as he tried to punch Jungkook once more. I quickly grabbed him and dragged him away.

"It's not what it looks like, Kai please calm down" I tried to reason with him, but when Kai gets mad, he gets mad.

"That's right, it's not what it looks like. Come into my office and I'll explain everything-"

Kai cut Jungkook off by pushing me to the ground and lunging towards him. He was about to grab Jungkook, when out of nowhere Yoonji appeared and twisted his arm and grabbed him like a professional bodyguard. She placed a knife on his throat and whispered, 

"Shut it and calm down before your head gets separated from your body!"

.

.

.

To Be Continued...