°•○● 《Chapter 10》 ●○•°

An unintentional groan escaped my lips as I tried to reopen my eyes. Every fiber in my body felt sore, but I didn't know why.

"You're up" I heard Jungkook's voice say. I reopened my eyes, not caring about the pain they were in.

"You don't have to jump" Jungkook tried to comfort me as he placed his palm over my forhead. What was he doing? Why was I sleeping on the couch? I tried to recall what had happened, but everytime I did I felt a throbbing pain in my head followed by the sounds of someone screaming.

"Is something on your mind?" Jungkook asked softly as he looked me directly in the eyes. I was taken aback by his actions, he wasn't someone who acted this way. Why was he being all nice?

"It's nothing... where is Kai?" I asked, trying to change the subject. I sat back down in a sitting position on the couch, Jungkook was way too close to me before. I could literally feel his warm breath on me as he spoke which made me feel weird.

"He didn't come to work today" he whispered as he pulled up a chair besides me. He looked me directly in the eyes. I was taken aback by the unreadable gaze his eyes held. Jungkook was the first person I wasn't able to read, I didn't know why but his eyes always seemed blank even when he was flirting with others.

I shook my head, I didn't want to think about things I shouldn't. After this contract is over  I will go back to my normal life and not have anything to do with him.

"Is he ill?" I asked trying my hardest not to seem in a daze as he continued to gaze at me with unwavering eyes as if he was studying my every movement. He literally looked like a predator stalking his prey.

"No... It all actuality he's missing..." Jungkook sighed as he leaned back against his chair looking troubled.

I widened my eyes in shock and bolted from the couch. I couldn't believe what he had just said "HE'S MISSING?! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" I practically screamed as I ran out not caring about what Jungkook would think. I was only concerned about one thing and that was the fact that Kai had gone missing!

I didn't know where I was running towards, but running and trying to find where Kai might be made a lot more sense than just sitting down in Jungkook's office and crying my eyes out. 

Kai wasn't the type to just disappear out of nowhere like that, something must be wrong. Although... Now that I think of it, there was one time Kai had disappeared for a month. That was when his grandfather was hospitalized. He told me that he would be back in a day or two and not to contact him, but he ended up going MIA for a whole month.

"Hey there" I heard a voice cat calling me from behind. Honestly, what's with these pervs? I was a potato and they still have the nerve to cat call me? Like was anyone in a skirt good for them? I rolled my eyes in annoyance as I turned to face the cat callers, but to my surprise what I faced were not some drunken pervy looking men, but men in suits holding guns.

"Wh-who are you?" I asked as I slowly started to back away in hopes that they would leave me alone. I mentally started cursing myself for leaving my phone and purse back with Jungkook. Why was I so dumb?

"So are you Jungkook's little princess?" A man with a visible scorpion tattoo asked as he lowered his gun. Where they people hired by the men of the women Jungkook had slept with? Did they want revenge or something? Was that why they were after me? Did they think the best revenge would be to hurt me the same way he hurt them?

"Little princess, are you listening to us?" The man spat, making me lose my train of thought. 

"S-sorry, what did you mean?" I asked, trying my best to sound calm. The last thing I wanted was to sound rude to a man holding a gun at my face.