Chapter 5: Monster No More

Your P.O.V. the next day
You awoke to the sound of knocking. You almost thought you were at home, then you remember what Dark Matter did. You looked at who knocked on the glass, it was Alex. You said "You....work here?" "Yes. Do you know why you're here?" Alex said sternly. You nodded solemnly and said "But you have to know, I wasn't in control." Alex then asked "Then who was in control?" "I don't know. But when it happened I couldn't see anything. All I saw was darkness. All I felt was torture. All I heard was death." You said, trembling. Alex said "So you admit you did it." You knew what she was doing, you said "Don't twist my words. If you're expecting a confession from a slip up you won't get it. I didn't do it." Alex crossed her arms and said "I hear that all the time." You couldn't help it, you felt that same headache from last night. You screamed in pain and Dark Matter was in your place. (His/Her) dark energy was surging off of you and (his/her) demonic voice said "I bet you do! You hear it from EVERY mouth in this junkhole of an office."

Alex said "I was hoping to talk to you. What's your name?" "Dark Matter." (He/She) spoke, (his/her) voice echoing through your head. She said "Ok Dark Matter. Let's talk." "About what? About why I did it? Why I burned your city?" (He/She) said, sneering. Alex said "Yeah, that's a start." Dark Matter laughed "For my freedom." Alex said "Freedom? You're already free." (He/She) hit the glass so hard it cracked and said "Does it look like I'm free?" "And how did you get in there?" Alex retorted. Dark Matter started to let you out, you were back and were out of breath. You said "What did (he/she) say?" Alex had a look of concern on her face and said "(He/She) said (he/she) burned the city and almost killed Supergirl for (his/her) freedom." You apologized for getting Dark Matter out and she thanked your apology. You looked at the glass and saw what (he/she) did. You said "Can (he/she) break out?" Alex sighed and said "This can hold aliens, it dampens their powers. But for you, I honestly don't know." You sat down and said "Put up more security just in case I lose control." You curled up in a ball and saw Alex walk away.

You felt something odd in your heart. Before Alex could leave you asked "How did you know I have powers?" Alex turned and said "Brainy took an x-ray of you. That device near your heart creates your powers doesn't it?" You got up and said "No. I've never had this device in my heart at all. Lillian must've put it there, that fucking bitch!" "Lillian gave you your powers?" Alex said, surprised. You said "I was kidnapped by that witch and experimented on for two days. She's the reason I have a chain in my wrist." You grunted in anger as you got said hook and was very tempted to open yourself up. But you stopped and said "Shit." Alex was against the idea and said "Look, how bout we have the doctors look at it. If that's what's causing Dark Matter to come in and out then we can get (him/her) out. You are a good (man/woman) (F/N). I think you are amazing with Kara, you two are perfect together. So let's keep it that way." Something in your head clicked and you said "Ah crap." "What?" Alex asked. You said "I invited Kara over to my place for today. Ah, damnit!" "I'll talk with her. I'll tell her I checked up on you and that you're sick." Alex spoke, somewhat comforting you. You said "Ok. Thank you. I owe you." Alex nodded and left you alone.

You knew what you had to do. You had to test one crucial thing to see if you could operate on yourself. You made a dagger and brought it to your leg. You were thinking 'Well, if I killed anyone this'll account for a retribution' as you jabbed the blade through your leg. Blood was drizzling out as you grinded your teeth in pain. You removed the blade and there was a gaping hole in your leg. You concentrated so that you would heal yourself. It took a few tries but you felt your skin reform back in place. You said "Ok, now (he's/she's) getting out." Before you could start your operation Supergirl walked in. She said "What are you doing?" "Knowing what this damn monster can do, I gotta get him out of me. I have to kill him." you exclaimed, ready to shove a hook in your chest. You laid down and made the dagger go in a Y-formation (like an autopsy). Supergirl rushed for the control panel and opened the door. Before she did that you made a dark sphere around you. You couldn't see outside it and started taking the device out. You heard an alarm go off and you knew the pain was unbearable, so you sang Monster by Imagine Dragons to calm yourself.

"Ever since I could remember, everything inside of me. Just wanted to fit in. Oh, oh, oh." You fished around for the device and found it lodged next to your heart. You sang "I was never one for pretenders, everything I tried to be just wouldn't settle in. Oh, oh ,oh." You grabbed the device and slowly pulled it out. Most people would hiss in pain or seethe your teeth, you just sang. "If I told you what I was, would you turn your back on me? And if I seem dangerous would you be scared?" You got the device out and you couldn't control the bleeding and you passed out singing "I get the feeling just because everything I touch isn't dark enough. If this problem lies in me...." You passed out before you could finish the rest of the song.

Supergirl's P.O.V.
I just saw (F/N) cut (himself/herself) open. I was frantic with getting (him/her) healed so I rushed (him/her) to the med bay and tried to get (him/her) patched up. Alex walked up and saw a bloody (F/N) in my hands and asked frantically "What happened?" "He cut himself open. I'm going to close his wounds." I said frantically. Alex watched as I repaired (F/N) and stayed silent. Alex knew I always stayed optimistic but I was close to tears. Seeing someone close to you almost dying can traumatize a lot of people. I've had it happen before. She said "You alright?" I finished patching (F/N) up and said "I'm just hoping (he'll/she'll) recover." Alex knew I was in love with (him/her) but I know (he/she) needs help. She said "I'll leave you two alone." "Thank you." I said to Alex as she left the room. I know she had work to do as the head of the DEO.

Your P.O.V.
You awoke in a dark swirling sphere. You said "No. No! Did it not work?" A haunting voice spoke from behind you and said "Oh it worked." You turned to see Dark Matter. (He/She) said "It's almost like looking into a mirror isn't it?" "Why aren't you dead?" You asked, with some fear in your voice. (He/She) said "Have you heard of metahumans?" "I'm familiar with them." you answered. (He/She) said "We are metahuman, you and I. Two sides of the same coin. Two threads in the same stitch. But I am just the added bonus." You scoffed and said "You almost killed Supergirl." (He/She) said in a calm, but dark, voice "That device didn't spawn me. It was a nano-explosive. Courtesy of Amanda Waller and Lillian Luthor. If I didn't do as I was told you would've died." "Then what spawned you?" you asked, now confused. (He/She) said "Do you know of Lycanthropy?" You nodded as he made chairs for you both to sit on. You said "Human to Werewolf." "Yes, except it's you to me. Almost like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. But the moon brings me out." (He/She) said, moving (his/her) arms for emphasis. You said "Darkness." 'Exactly. Now you have two options. I know the public doesn't trust me. I offer you a chance to kill me. If you do I endow you all my powers. Or you don't kill me and I will come out at your beck and call. But it's all up to you to see how your, or our, story shapes." (He/She) said, now kneeling in front of you. You nodded and gave your answer.

A/N: So this is a vote. What do you choose to do? I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it took a while to figure out but I'm glad I managed to think of something. Anyway I hope you enjoyed, remember to vote for the next story in my conversations, not here, and have a great day/night. :)