Highschool au part 3

(JUST SO YOU KNOW: I wrote this before star boy existed so no one give me bs plz)

Tom's pov

I walked to the bus stop a complete mess. I was limping, my hair and cloths a mess, and I was pretty zoned out. I had my headphones on listening to 'the sound of silence' by Simon and Garfunkel. I felt someone coming up behind me and saw Tord. I turned forward and kept walking.

I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't want him to ask what was wrong. I didn't want him to worry about me. I was fine. Everything was fine. Everything was always fine. He tried to talk to me and I ignored him

"Tom? Why arent you answering me?" He ran after me and caught up. He grabbed my shoulder, and I flinched "Whats wrong? Are you okay? Why are you limping?" He looked really worried and concerned.

I looked down refusing to look at him "Dont worry" I decided It was best to fake a smile. Then our song came on in my headphones. He couldn't hear it but it hurt me. "Death cab for cutie- Soul meets body' He hugged me "Tom your limping talk to me"

"I just fell down this morning its nothing!" He didn't believe me but the bus was here and we had to go. Once we were on he tried to ask me question but I ignored them. When we got to school I started to walk to the building when he stopped me.

He looked close to crying?? We started fighting. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. I wasn't going to put up with this I turned to walk away but I didn't get very far. I was hit by a bus. The driver was my bully. I realize who it was who slammed me into the sink and what he said.

He wanted Tord to himself. Of course. that explained a lot. The last thing I saw was Tord running to me.

Tord's pov

No! NO NO NO! I ran to Tom picking him up, I could feel myself crying I could feel myself pick him up but it was like I was watching someone else do it. I felt... empty. In times like this you expect to feel pain, sadness. but I felt nothing. Tom's blood stained my pants I told him he wasn't aloud to die.

Everything was some what of a blur and now I'm in the hospital with him. Holding his hand. My parents are here. Why aren't his parents here? the school called them over two hours ago.

I waited three days not leaving his side. at times i was barley awake but forced my self to stay awake. His parents never showed up. The doctor said if he didn't wait up by tomorrow they would have to unplug him from life support. I wasn't going to let that happen.

He's not aloud to die!! I can't believe he did this to me! he made me fall for him, care for him, love him! then he turns around and dies on me!! tears steam down my face once again. I feel like I'm choking on my tears.

I beg him to wake up I tell him we still have so much time together. He can't die on me like this! I've seen people die before. My parents have an army. But this is different. I'm not used to being so close to someone and loosing them.

Another day passes and I stay by him all night all day. Then it happens! His hand moves! He's alive! "Tom?? Tommie bear??" I hug him tightly and watch him I beg him to wake up! He's going to be ok! we're going to be together!

"T-Tord?" His voice is rough. He sounds tense. My parents call the doctor in as I stay with him talking to him. He's confused. He doesn't know what happened. He doesn't know where he is.

After some time we find out all that he remembers is me. He doesn't remember his parents, my parents, his friends. This might sound horrible but as long as he's ok and remembers me... I'm happy.