(001.) SECRETS.

SATELLITES
( chapter one, secrets )
▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

『 SATELLITES 』( chapter one, secrets ) ▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

        THE GREEK MYTH ABOUT ANDROMEDA WAS ONE THAT SHE KNEW VERY WELL. Ever since she could talk, her father had told her stories about the stars, moons, and planets. Sometimes, he would take her out onto their little balcony and he showed her the constellations in the sky. Andromeda grew up with a fascination with the night sky, that was her favorite part of the. There was something about the moon and stars that engaged her, it was like a trance that would fade as the sun would rise.

When Andromeda was sixteen years old, she was in the attic looking for her father's old telescope. He had hidden it away in a box and Andromeda thought that it would be easy but she had never entered the attic. Her father had made it forbidden for her to enter, she never knew why until she had entered it. The attic was a mess, there were old boxes lying around, dust was collecting on the walls and the only light that came was coming in through a small circular window.

Andromeda rummaged through the boxes trying to find the traces of the telescope that her father had hidden away. Andromeda was crouched down on the floor pushing the boxes away until she found a dusty silver box lying under a white sheet. The box had stood out from the rest of the boxes and Andromeda was more than curious. The sixteen-year-old pulled the box closer to her and placed it on her lap. She wiped away the dust particles with her hand and wiped on her pants.

Andromeda opened the box to find a number of papers, journals, and trinkets. Andromeda's chocolate brown eyes filled with curiosity, she found a piece of a dark fabric with a gold flame symbol. There was also a silver necklace among the box with a pendant that resembled the Andromeda constellation. Andromeda look through the papers, but she couldn't read them, the handwriting was illegible. Andromeda reached for the journal and opened it, the writing was neater than it was in the pieces of loose paper.

The young girl's eyes read the journal from front to back not noticing how long she had been there. Her father wasn't who she thought he was, Earth wasn't the only planet with life. There more and possibly hundreds, but the one that was spoken of was once called Xandar. Her father wasn't human, he was an alien and he was associated with a group called Ravagers. Their leader was a man called Yondu Udonta. Andromeda couldn't process any of the information, she felt a mix of emotion ranging from excitement to shock.

The door to the attic opened and Andromeda heard a creak emerge from it. The teenager picked up her head and turned to see her father with a distraught look on his face. His brown eyes were glassy and his mouth was agape, he felt his body go numb once he saw his daughter sitting on the ground with the journal that held all of his secrets. Andromeda's face relaxed when she saw her father but once she saw his face, her heart dropped. She had never seen her father's eyes water. She put the box on the ground and stood up slowly from the ground with trembling fingers.

"Dad?" Andromeda croaked, she stood still with her eyes locked on him. Her father had remained in the same stature, he looked like a statue. He was still and poised, his eyes locked on Andromeda.

"I told you not to come up here, Andromeda," his voice was low, which terrified Andromeda, she had never seen him so hurt.

Andromeda swallowed the knot in her throat, "I-I was just looking for the telescope, I didn't mean to--"

"Andromeda," he started, she felt the knot in her throat get tighter and tighter, "Go to your room, please,"

"Dad, just listen to me, I was only --"

"Andromeda, now!" She was startled by the sudden boldness in his voice, Andromeda licked her lips and looked down at her feet. The young walked out of the attic sluggishly and went to her room. As much as she was excited about being half-alien or so, she wondered why her father had kept it a secret. It was part of her identity and he had stored it away in a box for her to never find.

For the remainder of the day, Andromeda sat near her window looking out at the sky. Her father had yet to come and talk to her but she was too scared to leave the comfort of her own room. Andromeda had heard a knock on her door which was followed by her father coming into the room. One his hands was curled up in a fist and he looked apologetic.

That night, he had told Andromeda everything. He told her about his past about Xandar and the Ravagers. He had told her about the other planets that existed outside the Milkyway galaxy. After he had talked to her, he had given her the necklace she had found with the constellation. Andromeda wanted to explore Xandar, she wanted to know more about where she was from, but she had no idea how to get there, but that wasn't the only thing that stopped her. Her father had warned her, she was different than the rest. They would try to kill her if she ever went there. That was until the eve of her seventeenth birthday.

That was the night that everything had changed. Andromeda could remember the even vividly that when she closed her eyes, it would replay in her mind all over again. It was dark outside and the only light came from the moon and stars. Andromeda was in her pajamas in the backyard. She had laid out a blanket on the green blades of grass and she had her arms by her side. She would often just lay there and look at the stars and try to find any constellations, that night she hadn't spotted any. The only sound that could be heard was crickets chirping and the low whistle of the wind.

The air was damp since it had rained earlier that day and every few seconds, Andromeda's fingers would graze the wet green blades of grass. Andromeda's other hand was playing the necklace her father had given her. Andromeda soon felt the hair on her arms stand up and shiver down her spine. She sat up and looked around before a blinding light cast down on her, the wind increased and it hit her cool skin. Andromeda squinted her eyes to see a spaceship coming down, the wind was moving the leaves on the trees nearby and the dogs were barking nearby. She placed a hand on her forehead to see clearly, the blinding light soon took over her vision before her feet lifted off the ground.

When Andromeda woke up, her vision was blurred and she had a pounding headache. The girl sat up straight and was greeted by a blue man. Every muscle in Andromeda's body had tensed up as she stared at him with wide eyes. The man wore a leather jacket and Andromeda's eyes landed on the little flame symbol embroidered on the front, a Ravager. The man curled his lips into a grin showing his crooked teeth.

"Welcome to space, Andromeda,"

━ author's note ━

woah, woah, woah, first chapter is up. so, i wanted to give a little background into Andromeda. the next few chapters will be the foundation, so when she gets to know peter and when she trains and runs away and etc. my writing is awful and i'm super sorry lol, but i'm hela excited for this fic because i have so much planned out.