(008.) ROCKET

SATELLITES
( chapter eight, rocket )
▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

『 SATELLITES 』( chapter eight, rocket )▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

          IT HAD BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE THE INCIDENT AND ANDROMEDA HAD BEEN CAUTIOUS SINCE. SHE MADE SURE TO WATCH HER EVERY MOVE AND SEE WHO WAS WATCHING. The brunette had been careful not to be seen, she tried to hide most of the time. She was anxious as to why Yondu wanted to know what she was up to. Had something come up? Was Peter okay? Andromeda's mind flooded with thoughts about The Ravagers. 

When Andromeda woke up, she felt something in her gut. She needed to leave, she needed to go somewhere else. She didn't know why but it was as if something was telling her to go.  When Andromeda had gotten up, she dusted herself off and grabbed her backpack. Andromeda still remained near the market place and when she looked at the tall buildings, she knew where she was going. 

As Andromeda walked through the market place, she saw a shard of glass on the ground. It was less busy today, so she bent down and grabbed the glass. She hadn't paid much attention to her appearance but she looked like a mess. Her face was covered in dirt and her hair looked unwashed and strands stood out from her ponytail. She had a small cut below her lip when she looked at her fingernails, they had dirt underneath them and she knew if she went to the capital, she couldn't go looking like a mess. 

Andromeda looked through her bag and found a change of clothes. They were fancy clothes that she had stolen a while ago, it would make her look like she belonged since it was the Nova Corps uniform. Andromeda managed to find a place to clean herself, she scrubbed her body and cleaned her hair to give her a new appearance. She put on the uniform and fixed her hair very simply. She just prayed that no one would recognize her in the capital. 

The brunette then started her journey to the capital. She put her cloak in her backpack, it was always going to be something she brought with her. On her way, Andromeda only looked at the ground, she didn't want to draw attention and she avoided anyone's gaze. When she finally arrived at the capital, she felt like she was in a different world. The clear windows, tall buildings, the cleanliness of it all. 

A small smile crept on Andromeda's face as she walked into the capital. Everyone in the capital had fancy clothes and walked around with smiles. There were children running around and laughing and parents talking to each other. The skies were bright and clear and the glass windows were sparkling. Andromeda clutched onto her backpack tightly and started walking. That was until something caught her eye, there was a raccoon looking over a bridge with a tree. Andromeda furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, the raccoon was saying actual words and he stood on two legs. The tree was tall and large and had eyes and a mouth. Even after all these years on Xandar, Andromeda always found something that would amaze her.

The brunette chose to stay away from them, she didn't know who they were or what they did. When she spotted a seat near a water fountain, she sat down and pulled out an apple from her bag. She bit into it and looked around, she still felt out of place. She still had that gut feeling and her nerves were all jittery. She was afraid someone would start talking to her or someone would recognize her. It wasn't until she noticed the raccoon and the tree approaching closer to her. Andromeda's eyes shifted as she spotted the raccoon. 

She stood up and walked away to throw away the apple. When she dumped it in a trash can, she walked towards the raccoon and once she was near him, she bent down and whispered, "Whatever they said they're going to give you just know that they're lying," 

The raccoon looked confused, "Uh," 

"I know that they want to pay off a debt but they scheme and lie. It's what they're best at, so if you don't want a mess, I'd suggest you just ignore that you saw me," Andromeda suggested with a smile. The brunette stood up and smiled at the raccoon and when she did, she saw a Nova Corps officer standing next to her. 

"Is everything alright?" He asked. 

Andromeda smiled, "Yes, everything is fine. I just think animals are so cute," she looked at the raccoon and gave him a look. The officer simply looked confused and then looked at the uniform that she wore. He furrowed his brows in confusion. 

"What's your name? I haven't seen you around," Andromeda froze, she felt her heart racing and her palms grow sweaty. Once she would say her name it was over and even if she lied, they would look her up. Andromeda looked around, she had to run. She turned her back and started running in the opposite direction. 

"Hey!" The officer yelled chasing after her. That's when more Nova Corps officer started chasing her. She took a bunch of twists and turns to avoid them, she was in a lot of trouble now. She ran towards the market place and when she saw an alleyway, she quickly ran towards it to avoid the officers. She quickly took her cloak out of her bag and put it on, she grabbed her knife and held it tightly in her hands. She saw the officers run by the alley and she relaxed her shoulders. They were going to look for her now. 

Andromeda picked up her bag but she had felt a hand touch her shoulder. Andromeda's eyes grew wide with panic, she quickly kicked her leg and heard the person groan in pain. She held turned around quickly and held the blade to the person's throat. When she saw who it was, Andromeda froze. She felt paralyzed at the moment once she saw the same old eyes. 

It was Peter Quill.