(002.) TAKE ME HOME.

SATELLITES
( chapter one, take me home )
▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

『 SATELLITES 』( chapter one, take me home ) ▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

THE MAN THAT HAD GREETED ANDROMEDA WENT BY YONDU UDONTA, THE MAN HER FATHER HAD TALKED ABOUT. Ever since her father had mentioned the planet of Xandar, he never spoke of it again unless Andromeda had asked about--something she rarely did. She didn't want to bother her father with questions about Xandar and who he was before he came to Earth.

Yondu had shown Andromeda on the spaceship where they resided and where she would sleeping. He kept telling her that he could feed her to the others, Andromeda didn't know if he was serious or if he was joking. Yondu said that he knew of Andromeda's father but yet he had to explain why he had abducted her.

Andromeda felt like a complete stranger, she had no idea who anyone was or why she was aboard the spaceship. When Yondu had taken her to where she was staying, she saw a boy around her age with headphones over his head. He had light brown wavy hair and emerald green eyes. He picked up his head when he saw Yondu enter the Andromeda.

The boy took out his headphones and looked at Yondu, "Quill, I got you a new roommate," In the room, there were two beds across from each other. Andromeda looked up at Yondu with curious brown eyes, he looked at the girl, "Make yourself at home, kid, we'll train you tomorrow,"

"Train?" Andromeda repeated with a puzzled expression, Yondu simply ignored the girl and left the room leaving her alone with the boy that she didn't even know. Andromeda scolded as he left, she turned her body towards the empty bed and sat down, it was nothing like hers. She felt like a complete stranger, she didn't know anyone and she was starting to miss her father. Did he notice if she was gone?

"Yeah, he's done it with me before," the boy added, he noticed that Andromeda was nervous. Her muscles were tense and her wide brown eyes were filled with fear, her fingers played with the necklace hanging around her neck, "What's your name?"

Andromeda looked at him, taking in a deep breath, "Andromeda," she started, "Andromeda Samos,"

The boy nodded his head, "Peter, Peter Quill," he put a small smile on his face hoping that Andromeda would smile back, he didn't want her to be uncomfortable.

Andromeda's eyes dropped on the Walkman, "Is that a Walkman?"

Peter's eyes dropped to his beloved Walkman before looking at Andromeda, "Yeah," he answered, "How are things on Earth? Any good movies?"

Andromeda smiled, she the pursed her lips thinking of movies that she had seen, "There's Pretty Woman, Jurassic Park--which is about dinosaurs and it's pretty cool, and there's The Outsiders,"

Peter's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree, "No way, dinosaurs? And I've already seen The Outsiders,"

"Yup, dinosaurs. And it's one of the best movies to come out," Andromeda commented, she had a grown more comfortable, the two had a lot of common and she thought that Peter wasn't so bad, but she didn't know if she could last on the spaceship.

"I disagree, it has to be Footloose," he commented,

Andromeda shook her head in disbelief, "No way, it has to be The Outsiders, hands down," a laugh escaped from Andromeda and from Peter. Peter noticed that she was still playing with her necklace, the necklace resembled a constellation but he didn't know what it was to be exact.

"What's the constellation of your necklace?" He asked curiously.

Andromeda stopped playing with her necklace, "It's the Andromeda constellation, it's what my father named me after. The name translates to 'ruler of men'"

"Not to mention it's the name of an entire galaxy," Peter added, "What's your dad like?"

Andromeda smiled thinking back to the memories of her father, "He's the best. He's kind, he always helped me whenever I needed it, he's like my best friend. What about yours?"

Andromeda noticed a change in Peter's expression, she knew she had said something wrong, "I don't know who he is or where he is. My mom was like my best friend but she...uh...she died." Andromeda noticed a glass reflection in his eyes, she straightened her back when she noticed.

"Peter, I'm so sorry," Andromeda's voice was low and soft, Peter shook his head a plastered a smile on his face.

"It's okay, it happened a long time ago," he mentioned, his hands reached for his walkman as he looked Andromeda, "Is there a story behind your name?"

Andromeda nodded, "There is, my father would tell it to me when I was little," she started, "Basically, Andromeda was a princess and her mother, Cassiopeia, said she was more beautiful than nymph-daughters of Nereus, and companions of Poseidon, the god of the sea. Anyway, Poseidon, sent a sea monster called Cetus to ravage where they lived, the only way to stop Cetus was for Andromeda's father to sacrifice her for the sake of the people. So, they chained her up to a rock for Cetus to kill her, but a hero named Perseus came and slayed Cetus, he freed Andromeda and the two became a thing,"

Peter nodded his head taking in the whole story, "That's...intense,"

Andromeda shrugged her shoulders, "I guess, but it's not like it's meant to be my fate,"

Peter nodded his head, "I guess you're right," he started, "You should probably get some sleep, Yondu is going to train you tomorrow and show you the Ravager ways,"

Andromeda furrowed her brows, "Ravager ways?"

"We basically live to steal, not many people are a big fan of Yondu," Peter answered.

Andromeda nodded her head as she got ready to sleep, "I guess I'll see you in the morning,"

"Good night," Peter said before the room went dark. Andromeda laid down in her bed as she stared at the dark ceiling. There were no stars, constellations, or the glow of the moonlight. Andromeda felt a knot in her throat, she wanted to cry, she wanted to see her dad. Andromeda felt silent tears forming in her eyes and all she could see was the blur that they had caused.

She didn't want to steal or train, she wanted to go home. She wanted answers as to why she was here. She wanted to know why Peter was here, he seemed nice and Andromeda hoped that he remained that way. She felt bad for him when he talked about his mother, but that only made her think of her own mother. Where was she? Was she thinking about Andromeda?

Andromeda held on tight to the soft fabric of the blanket that covered her. She took deep breaths, hoping that she would feel sleepy soon but it felt like it never came. She blinked her eyes rapidly so that the tears would dry out. She was counting down the days to meet her father again or until she'd leave the spaceship and find a way home.

But at this point, it seemed impossible.

━ author's note ━

woah, hey, your local trash is here with another update. i'd love to know what you guys think of the chapter. obviously, i want to try writing it slow for act one and then get into a few years later when andromeda escapes. so yerr.