(005.) AFTERMATH

SATELLITES
( chapter five, aftermath )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

PETER QUILL QUICKLY RAN TOWARDS ANDROMEDA WHO HAD FALLEN DOWN. HE HAD FEAR WRITTEN ALL OVER HIS PALE FACE AND HIS EYES WERE WIDE WITH TERROR. He scooped up Andromeda by her arms and dragged her while dodging the other, once he had gotten her inside her shut the door to the ship and quickly laid the brunette down. His only goal was to get her back quickly and get the hell out of where they were. Peter was furious, their whole mission went wrong and he couldn't bear to see how Andromeda was doing. All he knew was that she couldn't walk but he didn't know if she was unconscious at that point or what, she wasn't screaming in pain or anything like that but he didn't want to look back.

Once they landed back, Yondu waited patiently for Quill and Andromeda to land and when the door opened to the ship and he saw Quill dragging Andromeda's unconscious body. Yondu's expression dropped and ran towards Peter, "Quill! What the hell happened?" Andromeda was limp and her skin was cold and clammy, her lips were tinted a small blue. Yondu saw crimson staining one of Andromeda's legs and he saw a stain on her torso, she had been shot twice and she was losing blood quickly.

Peter was blinking rapidly, "The person that tipped you off about the jewelry, it was a lie. They were enemies of her father and they shot her," Peter explained with his heart beating rapidly against his chest. Yondu's eyes were filled with anger and his hands were clenched.

"Don't just stand there, boy. Get her inside, now," Yondu helped Peter lift Andromeda up, it wasn't until she was rushed inside that she received the help she needed. Peter prayed that she wasn't dead, he had lost his mother and he had no clue about his father. Andromeda was the only thing he had that was close to Earth, she was his only friend on Xandar and he couldn't lose her.

After a few hours, it was confirmed that Andromeda was okay. They needed to stitch up her two wounds and she woke up in an unfamiliar room with bright lights. She knew she was with the Ravagers but she had never seen this part before despite her time being with them. Andromeda's brown was loose instead of being put up in a ponytail or braids, she felt weak and it hurt whenever she moved. Andromeda managed to sit up despite the pain she was in, she saw Yondu and Peter walk in and a small smile crept on her face when she saw Peter.

"Look who's awake," Yondu said while showing his crooked teeth. Andromeda had a small cut on her top lip which she brought her finger up to touch. She noticed she had a white bandage on her torso that had a crimson spot in the middle of it as well as one on her leg.

"I-I was shot?" Andromeda asked, her voice was weak and she could barely muster a word.

Peter nodded, "Yeah, you're alive and that's what matters," Peter said while looking at Andromeda. When they had told him, she was going to be okay he was more than relieved.

Yondu looked at the two teens, "Now that we know you're alive, mind explaining to me what happened?"

Andromeda rolled her eyes, "It was all a scam, there was no jewelry there, they wanted me," Andromeda answered while looking at Yondu with a bored expression, "They said my father owed some debts and I was going to pay for it all."

Yondu shook his head, "I told you about your father, Andromeda, he wasn't a good man."

"And neither are you for kidnapping me," Andromeda bit back, she didn't need Yondu insulting her or her father. She almost died and she had Peter to thank for that not Yondu. Yondu gritted her teeth which made Andromeda's blood boil.

"You better watch yourself, kid." He turned around leaving Andromeda and Peter alone. Peter put his hands behind his back and watched Andromeda as she saw Yondu leaving. She hated him with a passion and she wanted more than to leave the damn place. She was planning her escape and she told no one about it and she dreaded telling Peter.

"I look terrible, don't I?" Andromeda teased, causing Peter to chuckle.

"Andie," Peter said trying to be serious.

Andromeda rolled her eyes, "Peter, it's fine. Don't blame yourself for what happened, I'll be okay."

Peter shifted in his spot and Andromeda noticed his uneasiness, "Andie, you're my only friend on this ship."

Andromeda couldn't help but smile at Peter, "Aw Peter, do you care about me?" she teased, she saw his cheeks turn slightly pink which only made her smile more, "Peter, it's okay and don't worry, you're my only friend too, if that makes you feel any special."

Peter smiled at Andromeda who's smiled had fallen, "Peter, there's something I need to tell you but you have to promise not to tell anyone."

Peter furrowed his brows and nodded his head, "Of course, Andie."

Andromeda took in a deep breath, she wanted to tell him so bad but she was scared about telling him. She knew it would be better to tell him rather than having him find out without a word of warning, "Peter, I'm planning to leave."

"Leave what?" he asked confused.

"This," Andromeda answered while looking at him, "The Ravagers."

Peter's expression dropped, he looked hurt, "You want to leave the ship and go out to Xandar?"

Andromeda nodded, "Yeah, I can't live the rest of my life like this, Peter. I almost died and if I go on more Ravager missions, more and more people will try to find me and they might harm you or other people and I can't have that happen."

"How are you going to survive?" Peter asked with a bit of annoyance in his voice.

Andromeda shrugged her shoulders, "I'll hide, it's what my father did best."

author's note:
I apologize for the short chapter and it lowkey sucks but I hope you all enjoyed it. This chapter was a mess but it's okay.