(007.) LONE RANGER

SATELLITES
( chapter seven, lone ranger )
▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

『 SATELLITES 』( chapter seven, lone ranger )▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

        FOR SIX YEARS ANDROMEDA HAD BEEN WITH THE RAVAGERS SINCE SHE WAS SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD. Throughout those six years, she had been shot at and survived numerous attempts on the missions that she had gone on. She still thought back to the night that she escaped, how Peter had helped her leave, the sound of the alarms blaring. Ever since she left it hadn't been easy. If she stayed close to The Ravagers, they would find her or enemies of her father would. 

She had decided to cast herself out, the only time she would steal was to get food. If she had gotten a job, it would have made her more obvious. Sometimes she would steal from clients that went to the Iron Lotus. She would often go to the market place, where she would sleep outside and see children and other families outside. 

Andromeda laid down on the cold hard ground, she had dirt on her face and on her clothes. She carried the small backpack which sometimes held food and clothes. She still carried the quad-blaster that Peter had given her and they came in handy whenever she got in trouble. Most of the time, Andromeda wore a black cloak, so she could hide. 

Andromeda would sleep with her head on her backpack since there were other thieves roaming around Xandar. Andromeda woke up and she rubbed her eyes to look around her. It was Saturday and the market was going to busy with buyers and sellers. Andromeda stood up and grabbed her backpack. 

The brunette put on the hood of her cloak and walked out into the market place. Since it was packed, she blended in with the crowd easily. She kept her eyes on the ground, sometimes making eye contact would be deadly. Andromeda kept a tight grip on her backpack as she walked along the crowds the people. 

Andromeda shuffled slowly, she needed to get some food but she with the number of people in market place it seemed impossible. She felt her stomach growl, Andromeda moved across the crowd to a small stand where a man was selling apples and bread. "Can I get a piece of bread an apple please?" 

The man nodded and Andromeda reached down to her bag and pulled out the money which she gave to the male. She grabbed the apple and bread and stuffed the bread into her bag. She zipped it up before taking a bite of the apple, "Thank you," Andromeda thanked. She took another bite of the bright red apple, sinking her teeth into it. After she finished eating the apple, she threw it away in a trash can nearby. 

The market was still packed with people at numerous stand buying clothes, food, and toys. Andromeda grabbed her backpack and walked towards the crowd of people. Andromeda turned her head and saw children running around laughing and while she was distracted, she felt someone yank at her hand. She turned around and saw a tall male who had taken her backpack. 

"Hey!" she called out loudly calling attention to herself, the male picked up his pace, "You stole my backpack," the male then started running quickly. Andromeda shook her had as she picked her feet off the floor and started chasing him through the crowd of people. Andromeda pushed through random people as did the man who had her backpack. Andromeda's hood fell off and people were complaining as she ran through the crowd. 

The male quickly went towards a corner where it was more empty than the market place. It was a street of houses and small stores, Andromeda ran through the street, trying to catch up with the male. The male still had the backpack in his hand, he stopped for a brief second and saw Andromeda running. 

He picked up his pace and Andromeda noticed where he was headed, he was heading towards the capitol of Xandar. She pulled out her quad-blaster as she ran and once she was close, she shot at him knocking him face-down on the ground. The children quickly ran inside along with maids and most people on the street. 

The brunette pulled out a knife that she hid inside her boot, she turned the male around and he grunted in pain. Andromeda held the cool blade to his throat, "Who the hell are you and who are you working with?" she asked angrily. Andromeda looked at his clothes and saw the Ravager emblem. "A Ravager, I should've known, did Yondu send you?" 

The male nodded his head, "What does he want?" she asked pressing the blade deeper into his neck. 

"He wanted your backpack," the male started, he was starting to sweat nervously, "He wanted intel on where you were." 

Andromeda flared her nose as she took in a deep breath, "When you go back to Yondu, tell him I have to business in going back and the next time he sends someone after me, I will slit their throat," she put the knife back in her boot and it left a small red line in the neck of the male. She stood up to grab her backpack, "Now go," 

He quickly scrambled off the ground and ran towards the opposite direction. Andromeda noticed that people were watching her as she stood in the middle of the street with her backpack. She put on her hood and walked away from the street. As soon as she saw the male, she couldn't help but think of Peter. 

It was six years since she had seen him, she wondered if he ever thought of her or if he simply forgot she existed. It had been hard surviving on her own for six years, the loneliness got to her the most, she hated it. There was no one she could talk to her, she mostly had to keep her problems to herself. 

Andromeda felt a weird feeling in her chest. The fact that Yondu was looking for her after all this time worried her. There was something he wanted or needed. She couldn't shake the feeling out of her head, she didn't want to get caught, she didn't want to go back.