(010). MORAG

SATELLITES
( chapter ten, morag )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

        "I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS OUTFIT, PETER," ANDROMEDA SAID UNSURELY WHILE LOOKING AT THE CLOTHES QUILL HAD GIVEN HER. He had proudly given her an outfit that resembled his except instead of a marron leather jacket, it was navy blue. Andromeda wasn't too fond of it first considering her and Peter looked like siblings whose mom forced them to dress similarly. 

"You look fine, plus that was the only clothes I had left," Peter added while flying the ship. Andromeda walked towards him and sat in the seat next to him. She crossed her legs and looked at her surroundings, it was beautiful. The deep dark space surrounded by a million stars and galaxies. She often remembered the times she would try to look for her own constellation. 

Andromeda was laying on her back with her father right beside her, it was dark outside and the full moon was glowing in the sky. Andromeda was only five years old and her hair was tied into two small braids that her mom had done. Since they had lived far from the city, the stars were more clear at night. 

"Which one is that one?" she asked while pointing up to the night sky. 

Her father chuckled, "That one is Orion," he then moved his hands towards another constellation, "Do you know what that one is?" He asked while looking at Andromeda with a smile. 

She simply shook her head, "No, what is it?" 

"It's the Andromeda constellation. In Greek mythology, it was said that Andromeda was very beautiful," her father answered, "Her name means ruler of men," 

"Ruler of men?" she questioned. 

"Yes, never let anyone get ahead of you or tell you what to do, okay?"

"Okay." 

Andromeda tried to find the constellation but couldn't with the giant mass of stars, "How long until we get to Morag?" she asked. 

"Just a few minutes," he answered, "You look good," 

Andromeda chuckled, "Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself," 

"So, what did you do while you were gone?" he asked while glancing at her. 

Andromeda took in a deep breath, "Not much, I was just trying to lay low, I became friends with some people but I couldn't stay in one place for too long. How about you? I see you didn't leave the Ravagers," 

Peter shrugged his shoulders, "I had nowhere else to go and well I just decided to stay, there's not much I could've done," The two arrived on a dark eery planet which Andromeda concluded was Morag. She got a weird feeling in her chest when they landed. 

The two of them got up and Peter grabbed his guns and handed a pair to Andromeda, "So, you don't wave your knife around in case we get caught," 

"It can still be handy," she teased. 

"You'll also need this," he held a silver disc and placed it on the side of Andromeda's head carefully. His fingers almost felt foreign when he touched her, "It's like a helmet, once you tap it, your face will be protected. 

Andromeda nodded her head, "Let's go," 

"Hold on, there's one thing I forgot," he ran towards the back of the ship and came back with his Walkman. Andromeda rolled her eyes and chuckled once she saw it. 

She couldn't believe he had it after all those years, "No way, you still have that thing?" 

Peter nodded, "I could never get rid of this, I take it with me where ever I go," 

"I can tell, let's go," the two tapped the silver disc on the side of their heads and a helmet soon formed around Andromeda's head. She saw Peter with glowing red eyes with silver metal surrounding the rest of his face. He gave her a thumb up, which she gave back. 

Once they stepped off the ship, the weather on Morag was terrible. It was pouring rain and the wind was incredibly strong, if it wasn't for the helmet Andromeda wouldn't have been able to do anything. She followed Peter as he danced around listening to his Walkman. Andromeda tied her brunette hair into a ponytail as she followed Peter. 

He stopped in his tracks and when Andromeda looked up, she saw abandoned and ruined buildings. She felt her heart drop at the sight, it was all in ruins and it looked apocalyptic. Peter took something out of his pocket that flashed a blue light. When Andromeda looked it projected a blue hologram that showed how it was before, she saw people and children walking around. 

There was a red pathway that showed up and she saw a circle focusing on an object, that was where the orb was. Peter jerked his head towards there and Andromeda nodded her head and followed his lead while looking at her surroundings. As they kept walking they were led to a cave, Peter pressed the small disc and his helmet disappeared, Andromeda did the same. 

"That rain is terrible," Andromeda commented, "Let's find the orb and get out of here, this place gives me a weird feeling," It was all broken down and abandoned, she didn't like the weird feeling that followed her with it. As they kept walking Peter stopped in his tracks there was a drop and they would have to jump. 

"Hold onto me," he said with a smile. 

Andromeda rolled her eyes, "If you say so," Andromeda hopped on Peter's back like a piggyback ride and soon enough his boots gave him a lift. They were on the other side and Andromeda got down. There was a large set of doors that Peter had to open, he had to pick the lock. It was interesting watching him work, he did it all so swiftly and he was so focused that Andromeda didn't notice she was looking at him with a smile. 

"Like what you see?" Peter teased. 

Andromeda chuckled, "Shut up," 

Once he opened the doors the room seemed intact unlike everything else. It was empty and in the center was the orb. Andromeda's eyes lit up at the orb, it radiated extreme power and she felt an instant connection with it. She hadn't noticed but she gravitated towards it as if it were calling her name. 

"Andie, stop!" Andromeda realized that she was about to touch it and she instantly backed away. 

"Sorry," she gulped.