(009.) THE RETURN

SATELLITES
( chapter nine, the return )
▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

『 SATELLITES 』( chapter nine, the return )▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

THE BLADE DROPPED OUT OF ANDROMEDA'S GRIP AS IT CLATTERED ONTO THE GROUND. SHE ALMOST DIDN'T RECOGNIZE PETER, SIX YEARS HAD DONE A LOT. He had grown facial hair and he had more of a build and he was a few inches taller than the last time she saw him. Andromeda quickly stood up and looked at Peter in awe. Peter picked himself up and dusted himself off. He locked eyes with Andromeda for a brief second, the brunette stood her ground, she could feel her heart beating rapidly against her chest. 

"Peter," the name rolled off Andromeda's tongue quickly, she couldn't believe he was there, "Why are you here?"  

Peter took in a deep breath, "You know, I thought you would be happier to see me," he started while rubbing his neck, "But I guess not, considering you attacked me with a knife."

Andromeda rolled her eyes, "You snuck up behind me, what was I supposed to do?" 

Peter shrugged his shoulders, "Maybe look to see who it was," 

Andromeda folded her arms across her chest, "I was being chased, I didn't really have time to see who it was," she explained, "You still haven't answered my question, why are you here?" 

Peter looked at his surrounding, he had grown since Andromeda has last seen him. She still remembered when she had kissed him. It was all so long ago and she had no idea what happened to him afterward, "I need your help," 

The brunette furrowed her eyes, "Help with what? And how did you find me?" she studied his clothes carefully, they were still Ravager clothing. He was still with them, she shifted her weight, she had no idea what was going on and why Peter needed her help. 

"I need to go to Morag and get something that's over there but I can't go alone," he started, "And Yondu was the one who knew where you were," he looked down at his feet, he had been avoiding eye contact with her ever since. 

"What's on Morag?" she questioned, she didn't how Yondu found her but at the same time, she didn't keep a low profile as much as she'd liked. 

Peter shrugged his shoulders, "Something called the Orb," he said nonchalantly, "If I get it, then I could some money," 

The brunette rolled her eyes, "There's nothing on Morag, you don't need my help," Andromeda stated, "Whatever it is you came for, I'm not going back Peter," Peter locked eyes with her quickly and he took a step towards her. 

"Andie, I've been looking for you ever since you left," he started, "You were the only other person I liked when Yondu told me where I could find you, I had to do it," Andromeda looked down at her feet and then at Peter. She missed him, he was her only friend and she left him alone and by himself. 

She took in a deep breath, "And what then?" she asked, "After I go to Morag with you and get the stone, what do we do? You're still a Ravager, so that means that you'll go to Yondu right after," Andromeda had no intention of going back to Yondu or the Ravagers. She didn't want to relive any of that again. 

"I don't know, maybe you can take a ship and go back to Earth or stay on Xandar, but you're not exactly popular around here," Peter answered while still trying to avoid Andromeda's gaze. He had hoped she would tag along, he had finally found her and he didn't want to see her again. 

Andromeda took in a deep breath, what could go wrong? It was to retrieve an orb and that was it. The brunette looked at Peter, "Fine, I'll help you get the orb or whatever," 

Peter quickly smiled, "You're going to need a change of clothes, lucky for you I have some on my ship," 

"Your ship?" Andromeda asked furrowing her brows in confusion. 

Peter nodded his head, "Let's go, we can't be seen," The brunette nodded and followed his lead. Once they reached Peter's ship, Andromeda took a shower and put on some comfortable clothes. It had been a while since she had taken a decent shower and wore clean clothes that were free of any holes or tears. 

When Andromeda had changed, Peter was steering his ship and Andromeda noticed his walkman. She picked it up and looked at it, he still had it after all those years. She smiled at it before putting it down and sitting in the co-pilot seat. She hugged her knees together while staring in the void of space. 

"Nice view, right?" Peter asked while glancing at her quickly.

Andromeda nodded, "I never really got a good look at it," she answered. It was true, when she was taken, she didn't remember anything and even on Xandar. She didn't know how the stars looked like up close or the infinite number of galaxies, "What have you been up to after all these years?" 

Peter shrugged, "I've been doing Ravager stuff," he answered, "I'm a legendary outlaw, now," 

Andromeda chuckled slightly, "Legendary outlaw?" 

Peter quickly turned his head towards her, "You haven't heard about Star-Lord?" 

Andromeda let out a laugh, "Star-Lord?" she questioned, "That is an awful name and no I haven't heard about the legendary outlaw that they call Star-Lord." 

Peter shook his head, "Whatever," he said, "What about you?" 

Andromeda shrugged her shoulders, "Trying not to get caught, my dad made a lot of people angry," she answered while watching Peter. He had seemed so different, they weren't teenagers anymore, they were adults and Andromeda found herself more attracted to him than before. She noticed Peter's cheeks slowly turn pink before looking away. 

"How much is this orb worth?" She asked trying to change the subject. 

"It's worth a lot and since you're helping me out, I'll share it with you," 

Andromeda furrowed her brows, "You don't have to give me anything," she started, "Just think of it as a little company," 

"You should get some sleep while we're at it," Peter suggested once he noticed Andromeda let out a yawn. Andromeda nodded her head and stood up from her seat. 

"You don't have to tell me twice," Andromeda stated as she made her way towards the bed. She didn't know how tired she was until she laid down. Her eyes shut instantly, not knowing what was coming next.