(012). NOVA CORPS

SATELLITES
( chapter twelve, nova corps )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

        THE LAST THING ANDROMEDA HAD HER MIND WAS GETTING ARRESTED BY THE NOVA CORPS. YET AGAIN, NOTHING EVER GOES HER WAY ESPECIALLY WITH THE GREEN WOMAN AND THE RACCOON WHO HAD RUINED HER AND PETER'S MISSION. Two guards had come over and had Andromeda put both her hands in front of her and they walked her towards the Nova Corps main building. The only thing that Andromeda was told that they were all being transferred to Kyln, which was a max security prison. At that point, Andromeda wanted to kill Peter with her bare hands. 

Once they reached Kyln, a guard was walking through the prison and guiding them to where they needed to be. The woman, who Andromeda learned was Gamora, was the the first in line and Andromeda stood behind Peter. "I guess most of Nova Corps wanna uphold the laws, but these ones here, they're corrupt and cruel," Rocket the Raccoon commented while looking around, "But, hey, that's not my problem, I ain't gonna be here long, I've escaped twenty-two prisons. This ones no different," they were surrounded by cool grey metal and Andromeda felt foreign in the prison they were in. 

Rocket wouldn't stop talking which annoyed Andromeda more than ever. Andromeda lost herself in her own thoughts. She was going to be surrounded by criminals and most of them knew something about her father and that Andromeda had existed. She was going to be surrounded by people who hated her family, she wasn't alone. From what she had heard, Gamora's father was Thanos himself and only God knew how many people had a problem with her and Thanos. 

The five them were put in what seemed like a holding cell and the guard stated, "Hold," they stopped walking and Andromeda only heard a snippet of a conversation between Rocket and Peter. 

"What's a raccoon?" Rocket asked, Andromeda quickly furrowed her brows in confusion. 

"What's a raccoon?" Peter repeated, "It's what you are, stupid," 

"Peter, don't be rude," Andromeda commented as she gave him a glare. Peter turned to her and furrowed his brows in confusion while his finger pointed to Rocket. Andromeda shrugged and mouthed, 'I don't know'. 

"Ain't no thing like me, except me," Rocket added. The guard then gave them permission to keep walking and Peter started talking about the Orb. He was talking towards Gamora who ignored him completely. 

"So what? What's the Orb?" Peter asked. 

"Peter can you shut up?" Andromeda asked, "She clearly isn't going to answer any of your questions," 

Gamora turned her head and looked at the two of them, "You should listen to your girlfriend," 

"Oh no, no, no, it's not like that," they both said in unison. The looked at each other and furrowed their brows in confusion, "We're just old friends," they both looked at Gamora and smiled. She rolled her eyes and looked at the path ahead of her. As they kept walking the group kept bickering as the guard kept leading them. They kept bickering which kept annoying Andromeda.