chapter nine

I hopped out of the shower, dried off and got dressed. I decided to wear my favorite oversized plain red tee shirt. It was so big that it dropped down to right above my knees. Which meant I could get away with just wearing a shirt.

I sorted through my duffle bag to find my brush. Once I had found it I began brushing my long blonde hair. As the steam began to clear off of the mirror I couldnt help but notice the very dark circles beneath my eyes.

Today had come to reveal so many things. To even think about what tomorrow might entail, was enough to cause my head to spin. I felt as if I had just got off the merry go round at the park. Sleep, I just need sleep. Maybe I will wake up and this whole thing will just be a horrible dream.

Azazel was waiting for me when I got out of the bathroom. He was sitting at the edge of my bed. He was looking down at his feet. He seemed as if he was ashamed of something.

Shower is open, if you would like to go get washed up.

Thanks. He mumbled it so low that I could barely hear what he said.

I walked over and sat next to him. Something was clearly bothering him. However he didnt seem as though he really wanted to talk about it. But me and my mouth I just couldnt let him sit there upset and not try and make him feel better.

Azazel, whats wrong?

He did as he usually does when something is wrong and didnt respond. Azazel talk to me. I cant help you feel better if I dont know what is going on.

I shouldnt have said what I did. Thats all.

What are you referring to? What shouldnt you have said?

I shouldnt have told you that I love you. It was stupid and reckless. I have known you forever. You are just getting to know me again. I should have kept my feelings to myself. Im so stupid!

No youre not. You know how you feel. You know what you want. Why does that make you stupid?

It just does. You dont feel the same way. You cant feel the same way. To you Im just a complete stranger.

Maybe so. I do nevertheless feel a strong connection with you. Just because I cant love you yet doesnt mean I wont. It doesnt mean that Im not beginning to fall for you! I quickly stopped talking.

Oh my god what did I just say. Did I really just admit that. Okay now its official, Im the stupid one I thought to myself.

What? Really? You are falling for me?

Ugh great, me and my big mouth! Yes. I didnt mean to actually say it. I mean its crazy right? I barely know you. Now I was the one who was mortified.

Its not crazy though. Think about the prophecy. We are fated. There is nothing crazy about it. Well I mean unless you want to call the whole prophecy thing crazy. Then yea, okay it is crazy.

Yea thats beyond crazy. Who even comes up with these things? And what makes you so sure that it was saying I was fated to you?

Well an alphas beta is sometimes called his knight. I guess it is because the alpha is the king of the tribe. Well, my dad is your dads beta. I also found out earlier today that my mom was originally his beta. Therefore I am the knights son. Only both of my parents were beta, making me the son of two knights. So it just makes them believe it more.

Still I cant understand how or why you are in love with me after all of these years.

Honestly, neither can I. I had hoped I would move on. My entire life all I have been able to think about was you. No other girl has ever managed to catch my attention. Its insane. We were just kids. How could the love of kids last this long?