The Stylist Lover

Sorry dearies for being so late in posting this part...Too many work commitments and some personal stuff. I will try my best to be regular. Hope you enjoy this part.

Part 23

Naina's unusual behavior had him thinking but he knew she wouldn't respond if asked. So, the only other alternative was Preeti. As usual she was seated on the swing pretending to be focusing on the magazine, but was half dozing off as it was way past her sleeping hour, but she didn't want to intrude in the lovebirds' privacy, which was available only at nighttime for a few minutes in such a large interfering joint family.

"Saaliji", his voice startled her and she was almost about to fall off the swing.

"Jijaji...kya hua? Pareshan lag rahe ho? Naina ne fir kuch kaha kya?", she asked concerned with the forlorn look on his face.

"Wahi toh problem ki Naina kuch kehti nahi hai. Aap batao mujhe, jab main shaam ko yahan nahi tha, kuch hua tha kya?"

Preeti downcast her eyes as she couldn't lie to him nor break her sister's kasam. "Nahi, kuch nahi hua". She tried to sound convincing.

"Matlab kuch toh bada hua hai, jo aap bhi mujhe nahi bataa rahi hai".

Preeti immediately whisked her gaze to him that how easily he could decipher Naina's behavior that her changed manner had gotten him suspicious so easily.

"Jijaji, I am sorry par main aapko nahi bata sakti, Naina ne kasam di hai. Par mujhe yeh bhi pataa hai ki aap usse itna pyar karte hai ki uska halka sa bhi badlav aap bhaanp lete hai. Toh aap dheeraj rakhiye, aap ko khud hi pataa chal jaayega. Abhi so jao. Goodnight". She
scampered away as she couldn't meet his questioning gaze anymore.

Sameer tossed and turned half the night as sleep was far away. He couldn't point a finger as to what was bothering her. He deeply wished that he could find out soon and resolve it to bring her some peace and thinking about her smile, he finally dozed off for a few hours.

Next morning Sameer was up before the usual hour and since there was not enough time for practice, he just went for his customary jog.

The house had started bustling until his return as it was Monday, the start of a new week and everyone was up and about early. The girls were also getting ready, Naina with some help from Chachiji in her morning chores.

"Arre Preeti, beta tere baal toh maine seedhe kar diye, ab tu Naina ke baal banane mein madad kar...main tum logon ka naashta aur tiffin taiyaar karti hoon. Aaj tere Papa ko bhi jaldi jaana hai! Bahut kaam hai beta, jaldi taiyyar jo jao tum dono", Chachiji instructed Preeti.

"Uff...yeh Mummy bhi na...." Preeti grumbled as usual.

"Naina, tu ruk....main apni choti bandh ke feete laga loon, fir tera karti hoon".

"Main kar doon?" Asked a voice from the threshold of the open room.

Both girls whirled in the direction and were surprised to see Sameer already dressed and ready to leave. Naina thought to herself that indeed Sameer was changing from a late lateef lazy bum to someone responsible, mature and immensely caring.

Preeti was elated like everyday with his offer of help "Jijaji..." Naina glared at her to be quiet or not address him as such as anyone could hear it.

Preeti realized her folly and clenched her eyes and bit her tongue but continued her antics.

"Aap choti banayenge? Aapko aata hai baal banana".

"Waise mere Salman Khan style baalon mein choti toh nahi banani padti, par Prem apni Suman ki dou chotiyan banane ki koshish kar sakta hai". Sameer winked at Naina and responded teasingly to Preeti.