The Handsome Chauffeur

A short update dearies! Had written it yesterday but didn't finish editing. Now back to weekdays, so work!!! Vl try to update a part in the week! Till then enjoy the pain CVs r gonna dish out this week!

Part 24

Sameer was content looking at her in the rearview mirror but this time she obliged him by occasionally meeting her eyes devoid of any anger with his filled only with love. His happiness and satisfaction knew no bounds that she hadn't distanced herself from him.
On the drive from the temple to school, they were stopped on the way due to some nakabandi for alcohol smuggling into Gujarat.

"Sameer, police?"

"Tum fikr mat karo Naina, main hoon na! Jab tak main na kahu, bahar mat aana".

Inspector quite rudely to Sameer, "Kiski gaadi hai? Kahan se aa rahe ho? Kahan ja rahe ho? Chalo bahar aao!"

Sameer smiled with his usual his charm and got off the car quickly. Of course, he was slightly scared but didn't show his panic. "Sir, mera naam Sameer Maheshwari hai, main Mr. Jaiprakash Maheshwari ka naati hoon. Aur yeh gaadi Nanu ki hai".

The inspector was confused for a second before his eyes widened in surprise and delight "Tum Maheshwari Industries ke maalik Jaiprakashji ke naati ho?"

"Ji. Hum school ja rahe the sir! Par pehle kabhi iss raste pe nakabandi nahi dekhi".

"Haan, wo kuch sharab ki smuggling ka case hai...issliye checking karni padti hai. Tumhare paas gadi ke papers toh honge na aur license bhi". (80s and 90s was the time when alcohol smuggling in Gujarat was at its peak).

Sameer nodded and stretched in the car to get the required documents from the dashboard.
The car documents were in order in his Nanu's name but the license was a problem.

The inspector gave him an inquisitive look, "Sir wo main abhi satrah saal ka hoon na, toh sirf temporary learning license banvaya hai, jaise hi atharah ka ho jaunga, pakka wala license banwa loonga".

"Tum jante ho na, ki yeh special case hai, sabko aisa license nahi milta, shayad tumhare Nanaji ki pehchan ki wajah se mil gaya. Par gadi dhyan se chalana aur jaldi pakka license banva lena", the inspector warned him. (I am not sure about learning license in India like in USA & Europe, as I got a pakka wala at 20, so am taking some creative liberty).

"Aur tumhare saath yeh ladki kaun hai, tumhari behen hai?"

That was not even the last relation he would want to be associated to Naina, even if it meant easing out the current situation.

"Nahi sir, meri class mein padhti hai, wo uske haath pe chot lagi hai na...aur aap toh jante hai Nanu kitni samaj seva karte hai, toh iska ilaaj bhi Nanu karva rahe hai, toh main bhi buss madad kar raha tha".

"Wah...jaisa Nana waisa naati".

"Sir, ab hum chale? Hume school ke liye der ho rahi hai".

"Haan haan...aaram se chalana....aur Maheshwariji ko mera namaste kehna".

Sameer nodded, smiled and drove away quickly, and only then Naina let out her breath that she didn't know for how long she had been holding.

Sameer heard her breathe a sigh of relief quite audibly and read her questioning eyes.

"Waise main Nanu ka naam kabhi iss tarah istemaal nahi karta, par aaj zaroori tha, warna kabhi kabhi police bewajah pareshan karti hai. Aur unse yeh bhi nahi keh sakta tha ki tum meri kya ho, toh...".

He wanted to admit and shout out to the whole world how much he loved her and how much she meant to him that she was his life, but her respect and dignity were more important and he would do nothing ever to tarnish her name, especially if it meant saving her from her family's unnecessary bashings.