Bromance

Ok dearies! Finally, I found to type one these parts. I know I have been extremely delayed this time...apologies...I will try snd be regular. If you feel disconnected, please feel free to go back & reread...and hope y continue to love the story still! Enjoy reading...

Part 31

A few days had passed since after the peacock feather Sunday. Sameer was unaware that Nsina had seen him in a very different light. It was almost as if her dreams that she had never dared fantasise before Sameer had just culminated in his one boyish lopsided grin when he had revered something so special to her.

Naina was on her friend mode at best. She didn't oppose to anything he said or did. She replied quite straightforward as if he they were on some military mission to tackle every challenge thrown their way. She did what her topper brain was best at, analyze and resolve the issue. She replied to his every question, albeit curtly, did not discuss any other matter that was not related to class or competition work.

Previously, she was always concerned about him but since recent, she acted differently. He knew that she was well aware that Nanu had called only twice since he left and he sorely missed him. She always had her ears tuned in to listen to his convo without obvious eavesdropping, but she refuted from even a courteous enquiry.

He tried to get her to interact and socialise but he quickly realised that crowding her space wasn't helping, rather she distanced herself more & more. Once, he also had a strong urge to remind her that it was she who had extended the hand of friendship towards him and now acted indifferent. However, dreadful that such an approach might worsen the situation, he let her be, but never let her out of his sight except for few hours of slumber at night when he slept only the required minimum to rejuvenate and also checked several times on her.

Both he and the household had slipped into a comfortable routine. He would wake up early for his toutine exercise and match practice with or without Arjun, then get ready and help her with hair and bag before leaving for school. If it was a Monday, they would stop by the temple before the school. Preeti tried to give them as much alone time as she could but had to accompany them when out of excuses. However, Sameer never found her presence an invasion of privacy. He was just happy with Naina around and eventhough aloof, each time she willingly rode in the front seat with him.

The bet boys at school had also started keeping their distance; albeit they didn't miss a jibe or lecher comment occasionally, just to rile him up. It was Munna Pandit, who mostly kept the matters at school in check and never let anything blown put of proportion that Rakesh Sir would find any excuse to accuse him, especially since Nanaji wasn't around or easily available to fix any undue incidents.

Finally, it was the day of cricket selection. Sameer woke a little earlier than usual for his regular training but also to practice on some moves and shots that Arjun had advised from a professional angle. Sameer was confident about his game, but Arjun was being trained professionally, and he generously shared tips and tricks that he learnt at coaching. And like an ardent pupil, Sameer absorbed all that knowledge, some that he already knew and some that helped him hone his skills.

In order to not overexert but keep the body warm and agile, Sameer had a steady jog of 5 miles with an interim of brisk walk and intensive running. Arjun was accompanying him, focusing completely on his pupil as he understood how important it was for Sameer to be selected in the school team for the competitions.

After a while, as Sameer slowed the jog towards the end, Arjun caught up and proposed, "thodi der baithke saans le lete hai...fir walk karte hue ghar jaayenge!"

Sameer agreed and they sat down on the nearest bench to catch a breath and blot off the sweat with the wrist bandana as it was cooling off quickly in the morning dewy breeze. Both slugged a swig of the special electrolyte water from their bottles held in the pocket of their practice pants. Arjun had suggested that either he pack nimbu paani or Glucon D solution to carry for the daily practice, one of the professional tips; it helped in staying adequately hydrated even if the weather was humid.