Responsibility

Dearies....here is the weekend part! So far, I have emphasized on the Jija-Saali bond, so here is the much overlooked Jija-Saala bond. Arjun's character has been demented & hacked for reasons unknown. The Brother-Sister duo & the Jija-Saala had quite a potential. While I might not put him on a pedestal, I am trying to give him redemption from the spineless worthless guy he has been portrayed in the show. Let me know what you think!

Part 25

In the games period,  Naina sat watching her friends enjoy playing Stapu & think about another two stories that were required to pen down for the competition. In the distance, boys played various games like Khokho & Kabbadi, whereas Sameer went to Arjun to play in his team & make up for the lost practice time in the morning.

Seeing him approach, Arjun questioned him, "aaj subah practice miss kyon kar di? Agar team mein select hona hai toh aisi laparwahi nahi chalegi. Poore samarpan se koshish karni padegi". He reprimanded him like an elder brother.

"Tum sahi keh rahe ho Arjun, par aaj Somvar tha toh Naina ko mandir le jana tha, issliye practice miss ho gayi" Sameer explained and then immediately defended, "par maine jogging aur exercise miss nahi ki". Then continued, "kya main thodi der tumhari team mein khel sakta hoon?"

Arjun thought for a moment "actually abhi team set hai toh tum chaho toh fielding kar sakte ho, slip position par. Shaam ko ground pe aa jana, theek se practice karne ke liye". Arjun gave him options & instructions.

Sameer reminded him, "Arjun, shaam ko toh Naina ko doctor ke paas le jaana hai na!"

"Arre haan..." Arjun pondered about the situation. "Theek hai kal subah practice karenge".

They continued to play for a while & Naina observed them from afar. She couldn't hear them but saw the exchange & noticed that something had changed between her brother & Sameer. Arjun wasn't as cold as before when he had first seen him in the house & the idea of Sameer so close to her had irked him.

Last period was Kumud teacher's & all students submitted their assignments. Also the pairs who worked together.

Kumud teacher was skeptical "Pehli baar school mein kuch aisa hua hai. Sabka assignment mein baad mein check karoongi, pehle yeh dekhu ki jodiyon mein kaam karnewalon ne kya kamaal kiya hai".

She shuffled through the pairs' assignments & came across that of Naina-Sameer. She read the title to the class aloud & some gasped, some eyes rounded, while some were amazed at such a unique thought. She skimmed through the article quickly & was visibly surprised. "Naina-Sameer, aage aao!"

They looked at each other & were slightly scared as Kumud teacher was known for her strict attitude towards students. She never differentiated & did not show any favoritism. So, even Naina was punished when she had missed the debate competition while trying to save Nanu, as the teacher hadn't known about it. But even later, she had not appreciated Naina'a selfless community service but rather scolded her for marring the school's name.

"Apna lekh puri class ko padhke sunao", She decreed.

Sameer & Naina looked at each other & they took turns to read alternate pages. Since they had spent ample time on it & Sameer had done the task with dedication, he didn't have problems pronouncing the difficult Hindi words, rather he was well acquainted with them now, all thanks to Naina. (The article would be too long to mention here, but I have mentioned the topic & on what lines it would be in the previous parts).

The class was surprised with the beautiful article but MP were surprised to see this studious side of Sameer.

Then, the unthinkable happened & Kumud teacher clapped for them to be joined by the class. She praised them which was actually the first "yeh lekh tumne likha hai Naina?"