Chapter 4

~Vic's P.O.V~

Kellin Quinn's hands around Jamie pissed me off. Seeing him smiling up at the other vocalist sent me over the top. If we weren't being interviewed I probably would have punched Quinn in the face, despite him being a close friend of mine.

I kept trying to think, Fuentes you have a beautiful girlfriend back at the bus. Why the hell are you growling about Jamie? He's a GUY. He's STRAIGHT. Your STRAIGHT. 

Bryan asked a couple more questins, Jamie retorting with small flirty answers. I laughed, it was usual for our humor to play on bromances and all, but whenever he'd make a cute face or say something sexual I wished there was some truth behind it. 

As the interview came to an end, I went back over to the concession stand. It was getting late and I was hungry. Plus, Tony probably wolfed down the rest of our cereal so I bought some snacks. Some fans running toward me with CD's and shirts. 

"I'm such a big fan!"

A girl with vibrant blue hair and a nose ring like mine said shyly. I gave her a hug and took a picture. 

"Thanks it means a lot!"

"Um..uh..."

She stood there for a moment like she wanted to say something. I didn't urge her, but I tilted my head to listen.

"There's a rumor that you and Jamie...are..going out.."

She squeaked finally, her friends giggled behind her and I shot her a bright smile.

"I wish I was dating Jamie, such a hottie you know what I mean."

My voice was laced with humor and the girls seemed to love it as well, running off in a fit of screeches. I sighed, I knew it was just a joke. Just a game to everyone, but I knew deep down inside that joke was becoming something of a reality to me.

~~~

As I got back onto the bus I could make out Tony and Jamie on the couch. Tony was babbaling away on the phone, clearly more happy and awake then before. I couldn't find Cara in my bunk so I decided she must have went out for a walk or something. 

As I came back to the front lounge I noticed that the bassist was clad in only his boxers. His toned, tan chest moved steady as he laughed or just simple breathed. Cookie crumbs coated the side of his lips.

My hand began to shake. I wanted to make my way over there, sit on his lap and kiss those crumbs away. 

He looked up at me and smiled, shoving the box of cookied toward me.

"We ran out!"

He whined like a small boy, his face scruching slightly in the most adorable way. I pointed to the bags I'd bought.

"I stocked back up."

He jumped up, attacking me with a hug and kissing my cheek.

"Gracias!"

I chuckled, Tony raising his eyebrow but shrugging and turning back to Stephanie on the phone. I kinda wished Cara and I were like them. He was always so...bright when he talked to her. When she toured or visited you could make out the love almost spewing from them. They belonged together, they were soulmates.

Something Cara and I were not going to be...

"UGH THAT SLUT!"

Mike came trudging from the bunk section with a grumble. He was holding a shirt covered in something wet. He shoved it toward my smaller frame.

"Dude it smells like whore, this bitch spilt perfume on MY shirt. MY MOTHERFUCKING..."

He began, Tony shooting him a look to shut the fuck up, he couldn't hear his girlfriend.

"...my motherfucking shirt, that herpes infested piece of.."

Mike said in a smaller whisper. I chuckled lightly as he kept murmuring to himself and rinsing the shirt under some sink water.

I wanted to turn back to my own bunk, but Casey came running in. His breath was hitched and he grabbed his knees. He looked up at me, his eyes wide.

"Case? What's wrong?!"

I was alarmed, no one ran that fast for no reason.

"I just saw Cara....."

I came closer as he caught his breathing.

"And?"

"She was making out with Justin Hills!"

My heart stopped, for a moment everything became stilled. I could see Tony drop the phone, Mike turn to me and Jamie move slowly toward me with open hands. I knew he wanted a hug, I knew the apologize's were coming from all sides, but I couldn't concentrate. 

I pushed all of them away, shoving Jamie the hardest and making a dash out of the bus. I slid against the back, my body racked in sobs.

How could she? Why...would she? We had been dating for so long, sure we had our ups and downs, but she'd promised to me. She'd promised that we would never hurt each other. That I'd protect her and she'd protect me and then this happened.

Maybe Casey was lying? No way, he was one of the only people I trusted he wouldn't lie even if he did think Cara was a good for nothing whore.

I could faintly make out footsteps, at first I thought it might be Cara. But the scent of axe told me otherwise. I didn't know who wrapped me up in their arms, but I cried.

I cried so hard I could barely see. I kept trashing back and forth but those strong hands never let me go. 

"Jamie..."

I whispered. A bit disoriented at everything going on. Why when the one person I loved cheated on me, he was the first thing to pop into my mind?